• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunge my record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pica66

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Hi,
I got arrested in Chicago for beating up my (then husbands) girlfriends car with his golf club...did $3000 of damage and have a record now. Had to go to court for the damages but when I got there the girlfriend never showed up,the Judge ask me if I was sorry I said yes and he told me to go home to my child and he dissmissed the case. This happened about ten years ago..I'm 62 now, got a divorce since then and haven't been in trouble since and lead a very peaceful life with my disabled child in NC now. My question is this..can I get my record expunged from North Carolina without having to go back to Chicago to do this and what type of legal service can help me with this and is it costly?Also..next year I wanted to take a trip to Mexico will I be able to go with my record?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">