• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunging/ Sealing records - Florida - Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedandanxious

I am pretty ignorant about the law and I guess that is why I am in this predicament. I pleaded nolo contendre on a aggravated assault charge in 1989 without realising the consequences. The charge was filed by the state because there was a doubt of a weapon being used. I was arrested and then released the next day on probation. According to my interpretation of the Fl statutes any one held for pretrial detention of the above crime is ineligable for an expunsion or a sealing of the record. Am I correct in my interpretation? since I was not held (or was I??) in pretrial detention, I can get the record cleared? All input is greatly appreciated. You may email me at [email protected] if you so desire. Thanyou for any help/ advice you may provide .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">