• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungment Criminal Records For The State of Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerome

What are the procedures for expungement of your record in the state of Virginia and how long do you have to wait from the time you were found innocent of the charges and do I need a laywer to this

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Expungement in Virginia:

Expungements can only be handled on a jurisdictional basis. Whether it is a felony or misdemeanor.

CRIMINAL RECORD EXPUNGEMENTS

Pursuant to Section 19.2-392.2, Code of Virginia, individuals charged with a crime(s) in which the court rendered a disposition of not guilty, dismissed, nolle prosequi or an individual received an absolute pardon for which they had been unjustly convicted, may file a petition with the court that rendered adjudication of the case for an expungement of the record. Further information pertaining to the expungement process may be obtained from the Department of Criminal Justice Services (804-674-4000).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">