• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tincup

Texas - I have a business partner who had an affair. He is married and his wife doesn't know. The husband of the woman that he had the affair with found out along with finding a great deal of evidence such as letters, store gift cards, invitations to trips, a dress worn during one of their sexual meetings, a bottle of wine he poured for her at the same meeting, and the towel he dried off with after having had relations with the woman. The husband of the woman has since gotten rid of his wife; however, he has sent notice to my partner that he intends to hold a private "auction" for the items of evidence. My partner is offered an opportunity to make a minimum "bid" on these items before the auction is opened up to the other participants, i.e. his wife and wife's family.
Though my partner is guilty of immoral behavior, is the ex-husband committing extortion?

M

moe3

This is KEWL.........

i like this kind of "get even with the BOZO"

I would say if the "prices" are reasonable say $10-20-50 then how can that be extortion...but if the bid was $500 $1000 or more then i would consider it extortion UNLESS the woman he cheated with was someone famous who would get those bids from say...the National Enquirer!

dncr

I'm not a lawyer, but i think the cheating ******* should tell the extortionist to go to h*ll and fess up to his wife. And beg for her forgiveness. Then, and all likelihood, pack his bags. He deserves what he gets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">