• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelpnow916

I am in Sacramento, California.
Recently, I have been receiving phone calls from someone claiming that they have a photograph containing an nude underage (probably 17) person. Somehow this person found my number and is now demanding that I pay a large sum of money or else he will send my information and the picture to the police. What protections do I have against this? I do not know whether this person actually has a photo or not and they will not tell me who they are or who is involved. Who can I talk to about this? I heard that if I go to a lawyer, they are required to tell the police because it involves a minor. Any suggestions?

Let me know if you need more info.

O

OhBullship

needhelpnow916 said:
Recently, I have been receiving phone calls from someone claiming that they have a photograph containing an nude underage (probably 17) person. Somehow this person found my number and is now demanding that I pay a large sum of money or else he will send my information and the picture to the police. What protections do I have against this? I do not know whether this person actually has a photo or not and they will not tell me who they are or who is involved. Who can I talk to about this? I heard that if I go to a lawyer, they are required to tell the police because it involves a minor. Any suggestions?

Some random person just called you out of the blue?

There has to be more to this story.

panzertanker

So.....

needhelpnow916 said:

THEY have a nude photo of someone underage. Why should YOU be worried about that???

Yes, we need a little more info. This sounds completely bogus and you are withholding ALOT.

needhelpnow916

followup

actually, this happened once in the past, but I ended up paying off the other person. I then moved, stopped associating with most of the "bad" influences in my life and got a cell phone (so that I couldn't be "looked up"). anywho, that was 2 years ago and I have no idea who this person could be, how they got my phone number or whether or not there is any truth that they actually have a photo. I used to do some pretty crazy things when I was drunk or high and all this is biting me in the ass now.
This person has been leaving me very vague messages and won't say who he is. only that he is the father of some kid, yet he sounds like he's no older than 18. I highly doubt that they have a picture, I just think that they are trying to shake me up for money.

O

OhBullship

needhelpnow916 said:
actually, this happened once in the past, but I ended up paying off the other person. I then moved, stopped associating with most of the "bad" influences in my life and got a cell phone (so that I couldn't be "looked up"). anywho, that was 2 years ago and I have no idea who this person could be, how they got my phone number or whether or not there is any truth that they actually have a photo. I used to do some pretty crazy things when I was drunk or high and all this is biting me in the ass now.
This person has been leaving me very vague messages and won't say who he is. only that he is the father of some kid, yet he sounds like he's no older than 18. I highly doubt that they have a picture, I just think that they are trying to shake me up for money.
If you don't even know if you did something stupid with a child then you need to sit in the pile of sh*t that you made.

Deal with it.

needhelpnow916

that was nice, but what can I do about the extortion and can I talk with a lawyer without the lawyer contacting the police department?

O

OhBullship

needhelpnow916 said:
that was nice, but what can I do about the extortion and can I talk with a lawyer without the lawyer contacting the police department?
Try it, you aren't a stranger to experimenting with danger.

O

OhBullship

needhelpnow916 said:
okay so you're seriously of no use to me. thanks for the sarcasm, ass.
And it would appear that you are of no use to the rest of society. I bet the prison boys would find a good use for you.

needhelpnow916

does anyone have any useful or constructive ideas on how to proceed? I would just like to make this all go away. Should I just change my phone # again or should I talk with the people who are trying to blackmail me?

panzertanker

needhelpnow916 said:
does anyone have any useful or constructive ideas on how to proceed? I would just like to make this all go away. Should I just change my phone # again or should I talk with the people who are trying to blackmail me?
Useful ideas:
1. Repent
2. Give all of your money to charity
3. Turn yourself in to the local PD and confess to your crimes
4. Say goodbye to your family
5. Learn how to shower with 100 other dudes who want to "get that booty"

Constructive ideas:
1. Get into NA/AA
2. See above

needhelpnow916 said:
I then moved, stopped associating with most of the "bad" influences in my life
Apparently 'most' does not equal 'all'!

That about cover it?

Last edited:

panzertanker

needhelpnow916 said:
why would i not be used to showering with other dudes?
1. getting blackmailed for having intimate contact with a minor:
about 5K
2. paying PREVIOUS blackmailer for same thing:
about 5K
3. changing your phone #:
about 25 bucks
4. moving to avoid MORE blackmail:
about 3K
5. showing your ignorance (and affinity to those underage minors) to the entire web:
priceless!

BWAHAHAAAA!!!!!

signat

needhelpnow916 said:
Of course you can. Your lawyer is not going to call the police.

CdwJava

needhelpnow916 said:
Here are your choices as I see it -

(1) Call the police and report the extortion
(2) Pay the person off
(3) Ignore him.

There is a LOT missing to the story. If you paid someone off once before because the photo could be true, then obviously you are involved in some seriously bad stuff. My guess is that the photo contains you and a child in a compromising position - hence your reluctance to call the cops.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">