• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bosssbiztch916@

I'm in California. I have a serious issue with an obvious trouble maker. I hired him off of Craigslst to assist me with a granite countertop installation. His car broke down on my property so he left it there and got hauled off to jail regarding other legal issues. Now, he's out of jail and finally returned for his vehicle. It should be of note that I did not promise anyone is look after their car for any length of time. So the vehicle, having been on my property for an entire month, apparently some parts are missing. I can't even verify the validity of this aligation. Its none of my business..I work an honest job and made a big mistake hiring the guy. However now, he and his strange friends call me incessantly demanding more money than this car was even worth. They come onto my property which clearly has no trespassing signs. They are threatening my well being as well as my girlfriend at this point. She has even less to do with this. What I would like to know, is would I have any legal repercussions from this? I never agreed to keep his vehicle safe and I don't have any proof that he ever has those parts in the first place.

Silverplum

I'm in California. I have a serious issue with an obvious trouble maker. I hired him off of Craigslst to assist me with a granite countertop installation. His car broke down on my property so he left it there and got hauled off to jail regarding other legal issues. Now, he's out of jail and finally returned for his vehicle. It should be of note that I did not promise anyone is look after their car for any length of time. So the vehicle, having been on my property for an entire month, apparently some parts are missing. I can't even verify the validity of this aligation. Its none of my business..I work an honest job and made a big mistake hiring the guy. However now, he and his strange friends call me incessantly demanding more money than this car was even worth. They come onto my property which clearly has no trespassing signs. They are threatening my well being as well as my girlfriend at this point. She has even less to do with this. What I would like to know, is would I have any legal repercussions from this? I never agreed to keep his vehicle safe and I don't have any proof that he ever has those parts in the first place.
I object to your username.

eerelations

I object to it too.

You need to call the police about this person and his strange friends. Sounds dangerous.

OHRoadwarrior

You gave no promise or have any obligation to pay for his abandoned vehicle. Based on your username, your panties should be large enough to be big boy ones, so you should be able to handle a few belligerent trespassers violating the order and the local police.

Last edited:
Really, you hired somebody off Craigslist?
What were you thinking....!

.._____________________
~ Granma use to say, if you sleep with dogs don't complain if you wake up with fleas..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">