• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wursy

I recently had a seperation with my ex girlfriend and we seperated with her owing me quite a bit of money. I have called her and written to her asking her to pay back this money that she owed to me.
I stated in one of the letters that I wrote to her that if it came down to me having to sue her, that I would also sue her for court cost and any legal representation that I would need.
I also mentioned to her that it should be interesting for the INS to hear the audio tapes I have of her admitting to me that she married her ex husband only for a green card to get into this country.
I did not specify that if she did not pay me the money that she owed me that I would do this..........this is somthing that I had already done and wanted her to be aware of it. That is why i said
"It should be interesting for the INS to hear the tapes"

Can or would this be considered Extortion?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">