• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ILConvict

What is the name of your state? illinois
if i have been convicted of a felony and on probation for 4 years, also awaiting court for a misdemeanor and i flee the state in which i am in, due to legal problems which state could i go to that would not extradite me back to the one in which i have committed these crimes?

M

Mike101

We live in the UNITED States. Any and all will send you back.

Beth3

Illinois, you're only hope is to flee to another country entirely and to one that does NOT have an extradition treaty with the U.S. That limits your choices to (a) places no U.S. citizen in their sound mind would want to go to, or (b) places you could not afford.

If you've already dealt with the felony charge and only rec'd probation, why on earth would you want to violate your probation over a misdemeanor and end up in jail for the four years after they snatched you up????? Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">