• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition to mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Repo5150

My girlfriend is currently incarcerated in new mexico. Mexico wants to extradite her for murder. There are 2 additional people that are involved in the incident. One of them was tortured and murdered while incarcerated in mexico. If my girlfriend is extradited I was told by a Mexican lawyer who did a little investigation that it will be like putting a bullet in her head. Is there anything i can do to stop the extradition? She is a US citizen.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My girlfriend is currently incarcerated in new mexico. Mexico wants to extradite her for murder. There are 2 additional people that are involved in the incident. One of them was tortured and murdered while incarcerated in mexico. If my girlfriend is extradited I was told by a Mexican lawyer who did a little investigation that it will be like putting a bullet in her head. Is there anything i can do to stop the extradition? She is a US citizen.
You can pay for an attorney for her.

Repo5150

I don't have the money for an attorney. She currently has a public defender, can she help. Can I offer the public defender money?

Silverplum

I don't have the money for an attorney. She currently has a public defender, can she help. Can I offer the public defender money?
The public defender IS her attorney. No, you can NOT offer money to her attorney, for any reason.

There's nothing you can do but watch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">