• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition and Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sept_05

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TN

As briefly as I can, I'll explain the situation.

My b/f and I, live in TN. He was arrested, last week, (and is still being detained here in TN) as a "fugitive of justice" for charges he was facing in Florida, November of last year. He was let out, after an intial stay of 10 days in jail. He was to return to court in FL, but foolishly chose to come back to TN, instead of staying.

He's facing charges of Domestic Battery and Child Abuse (3rd Degree felony, 2 counts), and Assault with a Deadly Weapon (glass ashtray) in regards to his ex and his cousins. I won't go into what's true and what's not here. It would take all day.

I only want to know a few things, like why hasn't FL picked him up yet? I know it's only been over a week, but they only have another week. Is it possible that they will not? If not, why bother picking him up in another state, to begin with? If they don't pick him up, and he doesn't voluntarily go to FL to turn himself in, can they pick him up again, when it suits them?

There are a lot of unsubstantiated claims and flat-out lies, resulting in charges with this situation. Assuming that we can prove a least some of his innocence, what are the chances that he'll be able to get probation or a shorter sentence? He'd rather go to jail forever, than to plead guilty, and I agree. Having a felony guilty plea on your record, when you didn't do the crime, will be hard to face down, for life.

Thanks in advance, for any suggestions or feedback.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">