• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exumations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bunnyvenom1

What is the name of your state? Arizona
In 1943 my grandfathers torso was found in a ravine in California. According to the death certificate it was buried as John Doe #53. In 1945, his hands were discovered and he was identified. I have spoken to the cemetery where he was supposed to be buried and they say they have no record of him by his name, or John Doe #53. The lady said that there is an old county plot in that cemetery that he may have been buried in but if we wanted to find out if he was there, we would have to dig. I am waiting for documentation to come back from the coroner to see if they exumed the torso when the head and hands were found and if they buried him somewhere else or cremated the remains. My question is this. If I decided to ask the cemetery to dig up the county plot, would I need a court order and who would be responsible for the cost?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">