• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F.B.I. calling? Extortion? Is this B.S?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

why me

What is the name of your state? Florida

A couple months ago my friend Lisa met a guy named Rick at an in Vegas. Rick asked Lisa to join him at a reserved table. Rick told Lisa he was a minor league baseball player. He last ex-girlfriend was a model in Brazil. (B.S.) Later that night they slept together. Rick gave Lisa his cell number but said it was his friend, so if she wanted to contact him, to leave a message the cell phone.(What an idiot) Lisa went back home and decided to do a little research about Rick. It turned out that Rick was engaged to a successful tennis player from Canada. Lisa was upset that Rick lied about having a girlfriend so she found the girlfriends e-mail. Lisa sent the girlfriend an e=mail telling her how much of a scumbag Rick is. Rick found out about the e-mail, called Lisa and asked if she would accept $500 dollars to tell the girlfriend that she was making everything up. Lisa told me, I told her to ask for 10,000. He had his friend send 12,000 the next day.

Now 2 months later, Lisa gets a call from a F.B.I. agent out of California telling her that she needs to give the money back. She has committed a Felony. If she can prove that he offered the money he'll try to get it knocked down to a misdemeanor. The guy also knows a lot about Lisa. Where she lives. Her babysitter, her babysitter’s boyfriend, what kind of car she drives.

My Questions:

Is this guy for real?
Why a F.B.I. agent from California would be calling her. Why not one from her area?
Why would the F.B.I. call her instead of going to her house on a Sunday?
Did she extort money from Rick?
Should she be worried about some psycho?

Please help. :confused:

AHA

Is this story for real?
If I had known it was so lucrative to have one night stands, I never would have married :D :D :D

CdwJava

Yes. This is called extortion. And if you told your friend to do it to get money, you might be able to be charged as a co-conspirator.

It might be a bluff by someone ... but, how much of a chance is your friend willing to take?

She can also call whatever office the FBI agent alleged to be out of in CA and ask to speak with them. If they did NOT leave a return contact address or number, then it's almost certainly bogus. But it IS possible that a CA field agent might have gotten the case as that may be where the party lives.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

What a woman. I bet she's even BLOND!!!!!!!!!:D

I'll give you $50 for a woman like that.

Now, to your concerns:

Is this guy for real?
A: Who knows? Next time he calls ask for a return number where you can contact him.

Why a F.B.I. agent from California would be calling her. Why not one from her area?
A: Who knows? Next time he calls ask for a return number where you can contact him.

Why would the F.B.I. call her instead of going to her house on a Sunday?

Did she extort money from Rick?
A: This one is easy. Yes.

Should she be worried about some psycho?
A: A woman who sleeps with a guy she just met, believes he's a baseball player with an ex brazillian model girlfriend and accepts $12,000 for having sex and SHE'S worried about a psycho contacting her?

Now THAT is a hoot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">