• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Obey Lawful Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I cannot find anything on this charge they have against me...can someone clarify what kind of charge this exactly is?

FlyingRon

We're not clairvoyant...does the charge have a statute number on it? Was this a traffic incident? Then it's likely 316.072(3)

OBEDIENCE TO POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS.--It is unlawful and a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, for any person willfully to fail or refuse to comply with any lawful order or direction of any law enforcement officer, traffic crash investigation officer as described in s. 316.640, traffic infraction enforcement officer as described in s. 316.640, or member of the fire department at the scene of a fire, rescue operation, or other emergency. Notwithstanding the provisions of this subsection, certified emergency medical technicians or paramedics may respond to the scene of emergencies and may provide emergency medical treatment on the scene and provide transport of patients in the performance of their duties for an emergency medical services provider licensed under chapter 401 and in accordance with any local emergency medical response protocols.

A second degree misdemeanor is punsihable by up to 60 days (775.082) or $500 (775.083)

If it was some other form of resisting/opposing an officer (though that has a different title) it's a first degree misdemeanor (a year and $1000).

In any event, I recommend a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">