• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to report on Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LAM

Terry was guilty and sentenced to 10 years for failure to report in on probation in Thomson, GA. My question is will be have to serve all 10 years or will he be released early if he keeps a clear record while serving this time. The original charges were for child molestation of his three children (2 girls and 1 boy, ages 6,4,and 1)by his ex-wife in the midst of a divorce. He was sentenced to 30 years probation but cracked up and literally went off the deep end on us all. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LAM:
Terry was guilty and sentenced to 10 years for failure to report in on probation in Thomson, GA. My question is will be have to serve all 10 years or will he be released early if he keeps a clear record while serving this time. The original charges were for child molestation of his three children (2 girls and 1 boy, ages 6,4,and 1)by his ex-wife in the midst of a divorce. He was sentenced to 30 years probation but cracked up and literally went off the deep end on us all. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I'm sorry, but if he was found "guilty" of these acts, then speaking for myself alone, I find it personally repugnant to assist anyone like this. In my opinion, he is a major danger to society and should spend all of his, if not more, time in prison.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

L

LAM

Your opinion is just that your opinion, thanks anyway. But I hope your eyes are not openned and you do not find yourself in Terry's shoes oneday. He is not guilty of the orginally charges, he thought if you told the truth and were innocent you would be cleared, well WRONG! His exwife is pure evil and she continue to attack him even now while he is in prison wanting child support and him to give up his parental rights and continue to pay child support. Terry was the caregiver in this marriage from day one of his children being born, Kim was out having a good time doing her own thing. When Terry put his foot down and she was even quesioned about child abuse she ran home to Mama and Daddy who eing so called "pillars" int he community were able to pull convicting Terry of these awful-awful charges. So don't judge or be quick to render your feelings without knowing the whole story!!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LAM:
Your opinion is just that your opinion, thanks anyway. But I hope your eyes are not openned and you do not find yourself in Terry's shoes oneday. He is not guilty of the orginally charges, he thought if you told the truth and were innocent you would be cleared, well WRONG! His exwife is pure evil and she continue to attack him even now while he is in prison wanting child support and him to give up his parental rights and continue to pay child support. Terry was the caregiver in this marriage from day one of his children being born, Kim was out having a good time doing her own thing. When Terry put his foot down and she was even quesioned about child abuse she ran home to Mama and Daddy who eing so called "pillars" int he community were able to pull convicting Terry of these awful-awful charges. So don't judge or be quick to render your feelings without knowing the whole story!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Wasn't it you that said, "Terry was guilty"?

I'm not judging anyone, or anything. A court did that !! So, in your first posting, why didn't tell "the whole story"?Lady, we're all entitled to our opinions, and if I choose not to "assist" a child molester, I won't. I imagine if you went to consult 5 attorneys on your issue, 4 would show you the door. If he pled guilty, then guess what? He's guilty of these crimes. That means he did it. If a jury of his peers said he's guilty, then guess what? He's guilty of these crimes. Our prisons are filled with convicts who, for the most part, say they are "innocent." No, they are not. And, this site is not here to "guarantee" solid advice on any subject, nor does it offer a "Dear Abby" shoulder to cry on. You'll get opinions. If you want solid advice, pay an attorney for a shoulder to cry on. Otherwise, this is the wrong venue for your son, a convicted CHILD MOLESTER.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited March 23, 2000).]

L

LAM

Like most attorneys you think you are judge and jury too. So sad, I was hoping to find someone with some human emotion. May God Bless you anyway, you need it worse than us!

R

RighteousBunny

Haven't you read the newspapers or watched the TV lately IAAL? I have seen many "guilty people" that were in jail or on death row that are now being acquitted and released due to the wonderful new technology of DNA alalysis. Thank God for science! How about the day care workers that were arrested and convicted only to be acquitted because "the expert testimony" was found to be unreliable due to the techniques they used on the children. I used to believe that all people in this country were innocent until proven guilty. I was wrong! I have found that you are assumed guilty and at times found guilty because you cannot prove your innocence, even if you are in fact innocent. You shouldn't jump to conclusions. The reason most people do not write "the whole story" is because most matters are extremely complex. They are not asking "for a shoulder to cry on" but simply some "free advice", not sarcasm and/or judgement. I too hope that you never find yourself in the position of having to PROVE your innocence. Your advice is greatly appreciated, but your rude comments are not!

R

RighteousBunny

P.S. I believe she said Terry was "guilty" of failing to report for probation not the crime itself. I am not saying he is guilty or inncocnet, it's not my job. I wasn't on that jury and I don't believe you were either!

L

LAM

I want to thank you for compassion and understanding of the hurt I experience by his rude and unnecessary comments. It is good to know their are people in this world that understand how the real world works this day and time. I pray our wonderful Father in heaven will soon provide me with all the answers and solutions I need to healp Terry. Again thank you for being one to speak up for awareness that there are innocent people being convicted of crimes that do not committ! I hope God does Bless you and your family!

R

RighteousBunny

You're welcome LAM. I hope you find the answers to your questions. I am not an attorney and can not answer your original question. We can take comfort in knowing in the end we all reap the seeds we sow, and ALL must answer to the final judge for our actions and treatment of others. Take care and good luck.

[This message has been edited by RighteousBunny (edited March 24, 2000).]

J

Johnny B. Goode

In all liklihood he won't have to spend the whole time in prison. He should be considered for an early release. Having absconded from probation won't help. If he participates in the appropriate prison programs and behaves himself he might get another shot at probation.

L

LAM

Thank for giving me some hope! I had talked with an attorney in GA but to even answer these questions he wanted $500 upfront and further payment for any other questions I may have come up with later. I am in the process of writing the GA Dept. Corrections to get further answers but am trying to gather other answers to make my letter straight and to the point asking everything at once instead of having to send repeated letters later on asking other questions that might arise. Again, thank you and may God Bless you abundantly for helping those of us who need you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">