• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure To Return Rental Property North Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingdime88

North Carolina

I rented a 32 inch tv and Playstation 3 from Aarons Lease and Ownership.
I made 2 or 3 months worth of payments when my house was broken into. I contacted them mutliple times they told me i was still liable to pay. They took a civil suit out i didnt pay. Now its a criminal charge. i had my first appearance the judge said it carries a max penalty of 60 days in jail. Its a class 2 misdemeanor and i have no priors. Am i going to jail or can i get probation and make restitution payments???

Antigone*

North Carolina

I made 2 or 3 months worth of payments when my house was broken into. I contacted them mutliple times they told me i was still liable to pay. They took a civil suit out i didnt pay. Now its a criminal charge. i had my first appearance the judge said it carries a max penalty of 60 days in jail. Its a class 2 misdemeanor and i have no priors. Am i going to jail or can i get probation and make restitution payments???
So let me understand, you rented these items. Your place got burglarized, they asked for payment and you said no. They sued you and you said no.

So, now that you've been criminally charged, you're willing to pay???:confused:

dave33

North Carolina

Did you fill out a police report when your home was broken into? If not I suspect the story is not being believed.

I would say that some probation and restitution is a good possibility. Rarely do people get the maximum sentence for there 1st charge. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">