• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fair sentence? other "procedural vehicle"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DarlaRN5

My brother is currently in jail serving a 3 year sentence in Virginia(2 years for driving without a license and 1 year for a second offense DUI). The offense occurred in January 2000; he was riding a four wheeler on the main road for a 2 mile stretch to get gas. He was too far from home to get home and didn't have a gas can. He is asking me to see if I can do anything to help him and I'm trying to find out what options I may have to follow. All his offenses have been in VA. There is no question of guilt and he doesn't want to debate that. He just wants to know if his sentence is fair and if there is any other procedural vehicle he can use short of appeal that may help reduce his sentence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">