• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmpage

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
North Carolina

When I brought two cases of beer to the register at a grocery store I offered my fake drivers license to the lady. She looked at it and asked it it was fake. I didnt want to lie to her so I told her it was. She confiscated it and I left. Three weeks later a police officer came to my mom's house with my id and wanted to talk to me. I was not there, so he set up a time next week to speak with me.
The license had all real information on it (although my old address, and a fake birth day) and stated that it was a novelty ID. Some guy on the internet sold it to me.
Should I tell the officer the truth or will I incriminate myself? What can I do to avoid having this on my permanent record? Thank you for your time.

BadJudgement

Fess up....they will go easier on you if you show remorse for your stupidity. I hope you don't get pissed about me saying your stupid because it's the plain truth...every body makes stupid mistakes, some worse than others. I've learned from a severe mistake that it is MUCH better to come clean right away because the deeper they dig, the worse they can make your life.

fake id

its legal to carry false id.there is no law about having fake id as long as that id isn't used to fraud anybody. you didn't state how old you are. but if you are under age then that might be considered fraud but you didn't state if you are old enought to drink.

Veronica1228

pittsmark6 said:
its legal to carry false id.there is no law about having fake id as long as that id isn't used to fraud anybody. you didn't state how old you are. but if you are under age then that might be considered fraud but you didn't state if you are old enought to drink.
If he was over 21 why the heck would he use a fake id??? Of course he was a minor!

ENASNI

Veronica1228 said:
If he was over 21 why the heck would he use a fake id??? Of course he was a minor!
Um duh...I can't believe you need to be stating the obvious.. oh yeah.. considering the IQ's of the posters lately... I do believe it.

(am I skirting with danger Veronica... Do I care... :( wahhh SJ))

obvious

maybe he had a crush on a girl and knew her birthday and had the id to show his birthday was the same day as hers. How is it obvious?

Veronica1228

Wtf

pittsmark6 said:
maybe he had a crush on a girl and knew her birthday and had the id to show his birthday was the same day as hers. How is it obvious?
All I can say to your ludicrous suggestion is.....huh?????? :confused:

under age

look the cop doesn't know his real age therefore he can't be charged unless they find out his age. as long as he gives a reason for the fake id that doesn't involve fraud and doesn't let them find out his real age he can't be charged

Veronica1228

pittsmark6 said:
look the cop doesn't know his real age therefore he can't be charged unless they find out his age. as long as he gives a reason for the fake id that doesn't involve fraud and doesn't let them find out his real age he can't be charged
...and just how do you suppose he is going to keep them from finding out his real age? He has a REAL drivers license and they know his name and where he lives. I don't think the "na-na na-na boo-boo, I don't have to tell you" defense is going to work in this case.

Are you really that big of an idiot?

real drivers license

when did he say he has a real drivers license? how do you even know he's old enough to drive? my advise don't fess up. don't tell real age. never talk to law enforcement. let them find out on thier own. they don't give any lienacy only the DA can offer lenenicy. so don't talk. dont say a thing.

Veronica1228

pittsmark6 said:
when did he say he has a real drivers license? how do you even know he's old enough to drive? my advise don't fess up. don't tell real age. never talk to law enforcement. let them find out on thier own. they don't give any lienacy only the DA can offer lenenicy. so don't talk. dont say a thing.
Since you are so good at giving advice (and bad at spelling), let's have the OP look at your other thread so that he has a good background of who he is getting advice from. This way he will have a clear picture of what jail is really like since that is where you obviously want him to end up. Nice life you've created for yourself. Your parents must be so proud.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=248663

Veronica1228

pittsmark6 said:
hey i bet i make more money than you do and i don't even have a job
You are truly pathetic and I don't have to defend myself to scum like you. I don't care how much you make since it is probably done illegally or off of the sweat of others. I've already wasted too much time on a loser like you.

Have fun in jail. Tell Bubba I said hi.

illegally???

actually its from lawsuits. i've had two cops convicted of purjury. a magistrate being disciplined and still under investagation by not only the judical review board but the fbi. and tax free money from illegal arrest, false imprisonment, civil rights violation cases

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">