• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmills7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
North Carolina

I was going down I40 today, and I was pulled for going 81 in a 70.
I also didn't have a seat belt on. As I pulled my ID out the officer saw my fake ID in a slot (I forgot to hide it after going to the bar the night before).
He only gave a possession of a fake ID which is a misdeamenor. My question is what effect does that have on my record? And will I be able to somehow get it off my record?

I also already used a PJC, so my ticket for running through a stop sign will come back on my record. How much can I get my speeding reduced to?

FlyingRon

Getting the fake ID conviction is serious. You're looking at a permanent criminal record which you must disclose for the rest of your life. You may find it difficult to get a job in which any sort of handling alcohol is involved. At the very least you are going to lose your drivers license for a year with NO HARDSHIP eligibility.

I'd be seeing a lawyer about that before I worry about my speeding ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">