• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake Novelty Drivers License Legality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shrader37

Are there any legal consequences for making a fake drivers license, BUT on the back of the fake license it says "this is a novelty license and is not legally valid"? Is this still illegal to make or possess although it does say on it that it is fake somewhere on it?

CdwJava

Are there any legal consequences for making a fake drivers license, BUT on the back of the fake license it says "this is a novelty license and is not legally valid"? Is this still illegal to make or possess although it does say on it that it is fake somewhere on it?
For what state?

Each state has its own statutes covering this.

Whether or not an offense has occurred may also depend on whether the "novelty" ID is presented to anyone as a valid form of ID.

Shrader37

For what state?

Each state has its own statutes covering this.

Whether or not an offense has occurred may also depend on whether the "novelty" ID is presented to anyone as a valid form of ID.

I was curious about South Western states particularly Georgia and Tennessee. A friend of mine knows someone who can make a "fake" drivers license, but it says on the back of it that it is a "novelty license and is not legally valid". So I was MAINLY wondering if the creator of these novelty license could get into trouble for selling them, because I don't understand how he gets away with it so easily, is that a legal loop hole or something? My friend also possesses one of this guys licensees, could he get into trouble for simply possessing it even though it says that it is fake?

Shrader37

Haha sorry people, South Eastern states, they are technically South West from where I live. So can anyone help me out with my questions??

justalayman

so far,
Tennessee

I have found it is illegal to use a false ID for any purpose where is it intended to be representing an official ID.

It is illegal to manufacture a false ID for the purposes of the holder obtaining employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">