• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake Social Security Number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ellie

I am not necessarily asking for advice. I am seeking information about what penalty my daughter's ex-boyfriend may receive. He was ordered to pay child support five years ago and has not paid a cent. The Child Support Enforcement Agency finally caught up with him and discovered that he has been using three phoney Social Security numbers at various jobs. He is currently working for a large law firm as a paralegal! Could this be a federal crime? Dare I hope that he might go to jail for a while? They said they are going to garnish his wages and probably prosecute him for contempt of court. I'm wondering what crime it is to use phoney Social Security numbers to evade paying child supprort.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">