• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Allegation Ruined Life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcrickeo

Things have been so hard lately for me.

Ok lets cut a long story short when I was 15 I had a false allegation made against me a 9 year old girl stated I offered her money for sex, she said three other people were there when I did this.

Anyway this young girls mother got involved and called the police when I heard about this allegation and what I was accused of I was so horrified as this never happened at all in fact I had never even spoken to this young girl before she was just my best friends sisters friend and that's how I knew her.

I went right around to this young girls house and confronted her mother the mother got her daughter in front of me and she admitted she had lied so the mother told me she would call the police and have the charges dropped. Which I thought she did. Until.....

I went to apply for a job as a volunteer youth worker for a Christian youth team in my local area when the CRB check came back stating this allegation had been made I was refused the job and have since not been able to work with vulnerable people. I was more horrified though to see on the CRB the mother had called and said I had knocked on her door and apologised for saying this to her daughter and that's why she had dropped it.

I have had to live all these years unable to do the work I want to do because I was wrong accused of something I did not do.

I made a formal complaint to the independent police complaints commission and they came back saying they were not saying I was guilty they were simply informing people an allegation has been made which they were legally obliged to do.

Well now I have my own children what happens I have a knock on the door and social services are here to carry out a full investigation into whether I am safe to be around my children telling my girlfriend all the signs to watch out for in case I have sexually abused or physically abused her child.

Do you know what annoys me more? I was never arrested regarding this, never formally questioned, never got the chance to give my side of the story to the police or authorities and all the witnesses that were said to be there have stated I didn't say anything remotely like that yet the police refuse to question them or take statements.

What am I meant to do I am being treated like a convicted sex offender I have complained right to the top and can't do anything about it yet I am an innocent person the law states I am entitled to a fair trial which I never had and that I am innocent until proven guilty. What can I do?

I am unable to work and my home life has become so messed up because of social services people are being told about this that don't have anything to do with me and don't know me that well which is putting my safety at risk in the local community.

I know many people think why would a 9 year old girl lie and I ask myself that everyday but this girl has been known to make false allegations about other people just with me it was the most serious allegation she had made. I don't know why she lied and I can't make people believe I am innocent people judge me as a liar based on her age and them thinking a 9 year old can't lie but why would I be posting this now if I were guilty I would accept my guilt and keep it quiet but I can't stay quiet when I am innocent and a huge injustice has been done against me and there is nothing I can do about it.

Like I said it's messing my life up my girlfriend could leave me and because of this it could mean I can't have children or a partner in the future. I'm scared and alone in this and there is nothing I can do.

I feel depressed and suicidal with no hope and nothing to look forward to my life has hit rock bottom.

Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks if you have managed to read all this and I look forward to reading your replies.

Signed

Wrongly Accused

Isis1

something's not right here.

you say this happened when you were 15. most likely, your parents were served, the situation was handled. and either you weren't paying attention, or they didn't tell you te outcome.

CPS doesn't show up at people's houses because of a police report years ago.

you need to reveiw your own criminal history. something isn't adding up.

if you are suicidal and depressed, you need to see a therapist.

TigerD

A couple of problems:
1. What state are you in?
2. How old are you?
3. If you, the subject of the unjust accusation, have not yet expired, it is a little early to claim anything has ruined your life since you obviously have life left.

DC

Isis1

A couple of problems:
1. What state are you in?
2. How old are you?
3. If you, the subject of the unjust accusation, have not yet expired, it is a little early to claim anything has ruined your life since you obviously have life left.

DC
i'm not sure if that was meant to be funny....but i sure chuckled on that one!!

cyjeff

I agree...

CPS has way too much to do to dig up old and untried cases and schedule random visits decades after the fact.

That simply doesn't happen.

Ever.

What part of the story are you leaving out?

mcrickeo

None at all your misunderstanding the whole thing.

I never once mentioned CPS I was never arrested for this never formally questioned by the police I am in the UK here not the USA.

I wasn't cautioned or warned but this comes up on my police checkes CRB and stops me from working with young people or old people.

The people that keep visiting me are SOCIAL SERVICES trying to stop me seeing my girlfriend and her daughter.

This is serious not a joke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">