• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glensoldlady

What is the name of your state? (( LOUISIANA ))

In April my husband shot my neighbors Rottweiler in our back yard because it growled at my 4 year old daughter and growled and snapped at him. So of course the owners called the sherriff's dept. out and they took a statement and the officer told him that the neighbors were going to press charges on him and so of course he said he wanted to press charges on them for not following the leash law. First off I was told by their friend that lives across the street from me not to let my girls go near it because it might try to bite them and that it was a gaurd dog for a store before they moved here and it did try to bite the owners daughter. I was told by her step dad that it tried to rip his little dogs hind leg off and that he told them that they needed to keep their vicious beast chained up, and I was sitting on my porch at about 2:00am smoking a cigarrette and I heard growling and turned around to see it standing at the corner of my house by my porch looking straight at me growling and showing teeth, it took a couple of steps towards me and of course I was gone right back in my house. Now after it was all said and done the owners of the dog say that they saw him shoot it which is impossible because there is woods in between our properties where it happened. Now the neighbors across from me who told me all of the stuff that it did say that it was a perfect angel and never tried to hurt anyone. This past sunday my husband was served 2 warrants and arressted for the dog incident, one was for Seizure and disposition of animals cruelly treated and the other was for Dogs running at large. The problem with the second one is that our dog is the only one in the neighborhood chained up everyone elses runs around free but he got charged for it anyway. How do we go about taking care of the two charges and what kind of outcome do you think we are looking at?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

glensoldlady said:
What is the name of your state? (( LOUISIANA ))

In April my husband shot my neighbors Rottweiler in our back yard because it growled at my 4 year old daughter and growled and snapped at him. So of course the owners called the sherriff's dept. out and they took a statement and the officer told him that the neighbors were going to press charges on him and so of course he said he wanted to press charges on them for not following the leash law. First off I was told by their friend that lives across the street from me not to let my girls go near it because it might try to bite them and that it was a gaurd dog for a store before they moved here and it did try to bite the owners daughter. I was told by her step dad that it tried to rip his little dogs hind leg off and that he told them that they needed to keep their vicious beast chained up, and I was sitting on my porch at about 2:00am smoking a cigarrette and I heard growling and turned around to see it standing at the corner of my house by my porch looking straight at me growling and showing teeth, it took a couple of steps towards me and of course I was gone right back in my house. Now after it was all said and done the owners of the dog say that they saw him shoot it which is impossible because there is woods in between our properties where it happened. Now the neighbors across from me who told me all of the stuff that it did say that it was a perfect angel and never tried to hurt anyone. This past sunday my husband was served 2 warrants and arressted for the dog incident, one was for Seizure and disposition of animals cruelly treated and the other was for Dogs running at large. The problem with the second one is that our dog is the only one in the neighborhood chained up everyone elses runs around free but he got charged for it anyway. How do we go about taking care of the two charges and what kind of outcome do you think we are looking at?

My response:

Does your husband always carry a gun when he leaves the trailer?

IAAL

outonbail

Sounds like your husband shot and killed someone's family pet out of anger, not out of fear for his or your daughters safety. Perhaps the rumors that the dog was viscous had some influence on his decision to shoot this dog, but that doesn't justify his actions.

Like IAAL asked, does your husband carry a gun on him whenever he's out of his residence or playing in the yard with your daughter?

Because if he had the opportunity to go back inside and retrieve the gun, he had the opportunity to call the sheriff or animal control officers out to deal with the problem. Not to mention that once he was in the residence, there was no threat to his or your daughters safety, assuming he brought your daughter inside with him.

Also, if this dog was the viscous attack dog and menace to the neighborhood that you claim, there would certainly be some prior reports of unprovoked attacks carried out or attempted by this dog with named victims and at least fighting incidence involving other dogs and this animal, which would be on file with animal control. They would also have information on what action was taken against the pet owners for allowing a dangerous animal to escape their control. I couldn't imagine that there was never anyone who reported these random attacks seeing how this dog wouldn't even let you smoke a cigarette on your own porch at 2 am. You reported the porch incident didn't you? Or did you set your own plan on dealing with the animal into motion with the help of your trigger happy husband? You didn't keep a loaded gun close by where your daughter could get hold of it did you?

our dog is the only one in the neighborhood chained up everyone else’s runs around free
If this statement is true, then it wouldn't appear that your neighbors were worried about this dog being viscous. I wouldn't let my dog run loose if there was some one else’s domestic killer on the prowl and terrorizing the neighborhood, tearing off legs and attacking every breathing thing that crossed it's path.

So you should check with animal control to see how many complaints they fielded on this animal. But if there is no records on file, then guess what, your husband shot and killed someone's beloved family pet because he is a irresponsible idiot who should not have been given the privilege of owning a gun in the first place. No telling who's lives he put in danger by firing a gun in a populated area because he was pissed off at one of the neighborhood dogs.

So now that your husband has decided to play judge, jury and executioner, it is time he take the role of victim. Big Bubba’s butt puppet to be more specific. Then next time he has a problem with a neighbors pet, he’ll think twice before fetching a gun to fill it with hot lead.

and I don’t want to hear about the leash law either. I live in the mountains and everyone in my neighborhood allows their dogs to run loose. I myself have gone as far as to put up a chain link fence in an attempt to keep my rott on my property. This isn’t working since she sees all the other dogs running around having a blast in the forest, she digs out to join them. Not to mention I hate fencing off my little part of the forest. It defeats most of the reason I moved up here, where there are dogs of all breeds, but they never seem to be fighting with each other, just running around chasing squirrels and having fun.

BTW, I owned a rott in the past that was so protective of children, especially infants, that if you were playing with the child she would run over and at times growl to warn you that you better not be hurting that baby. She never even nipped anyone in all the years she was alive. She got the message across without having to. Rotts are very protective of their own and when they are on their own property, they rarely pose a threat when wandering away from home to explore, unless you are the aggressor.

Shame on your husband for not contacting the proper authorities to handle the situation in a legal manner, I hope they cut his balls off, so he can't produce any offspring and pass on his simpleton mentality!

glensoldlady

outonbail said:
Sounds like your husband shot and killed someone's family pet out of anger, not out of fear for his or your daughters safety. Perhaps the rumors that the dog was viscous had some influence on his decision to shoot this dog, but that doesn't justify his actions.

Like IAAL asked, does your husband carry a gun on him whenever he's out of his residence or playing in the yard with your daughter?

Because if he had the opportunity to go back inside and retrieve the gun, he had the opportunity to call the sheriff or animal control officers out to deal with the problem. Not to mention that once he was in the residence, there was no threat to his or your daughters safety, assuming he brought your daughter inside with him.

Also, if this dog was the viscous attack dog and menace to the neighborhood that you claim, there would certainly be some prior reports of unprovoked attacks carried out or attempted by this dog with named victims and at least fighting incidence involving other dogs and this animal, which would be on file with animal control. They would also have information on what action was taken against the pet owners for allowing a dangerous animal to escape their control. I couldn't imagine that there was never anyone who reported these random attacks seeing how this dog wouldn't even let you smoke a cigarette on your own porch at 2 am. You reported the porch incident didn't you? Or did you set your own plan on dealing with the animal into motion with the help of your trigger happy husband? You didn't keep a loaded gun close by where your daughter could get hold of it did you?

If this statement is true, then it wouldn't appear that your neighbors were worried about this dog being viscous. I wouldn't let my dog run loose if there was some one else’s domestic killer on the prowl and terrorizing the neighborhood, tearing off legs and attacking every breathing thing that crossed it's path.

So you should check with animal control to see how many complaints they fielded on this animal. But if there is no records on file, then guess what, your husband shot and killed someone's beloved family pet because he is a irresponsible idiot who should not have been given the privilege of owning a gun in the first place. No telling who's lives he put in danger by firing a gun in a populated area because he was pissed off at one of the neighborhood dogs.

So now that your husband has decided to play judge, jury and executioner, it is time he take the role of victim. Big Bubba’s butt puppet to be more specific. Then next time he has a problem with a neighbors pet, he’ll think twice before fetching a gun to fill it with hot lead.

and I don’t want to hear about the leash law either. I live in the mountains and everyone in my neighborhood allows their dogs to run loose. I myself have gone as far as to put up a chain link fence in an attempt to keep my rott on my property. This isn’t working since she sees all the other dogs running around having a blast in the forest, she digs out to join them. Not to mention I hate fencing off my little part of the forest. It defeats most of the reason I moved up here, where there are dogs of all breeds, but they never seem to be fighting with each other, just running around chasing squirrels and having fun.

BTW, I owned a rott in the past that was so protective of children, especially infants, that if you were playing with the child she would run over and at times growl to warn you that you better not be hurting that baby. She never even nipped anyone in all the years she was alive. She got the message across without having to. Rotts are very protective of their own and when they are on their own property, they rarely pose a threat when wandering away from home to explore, unless you are the aggressor.

Shame on your husband for not contacting the proper authorities to handle the situation in a legal manner, I hope they cut his balls off, so he can't produce any offspring and pass on his simpleton mentality!

(SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE KIDS IF YOU HOLD AN ANIMAL AT A HIGHER REGARD THAN AN INNOCENT CHILDS LIFE. NOW LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION. WHAT IS THE NEED IN HAVING YOUR OWN LAND IF YOU HAVE TO RUN IN YOUR HOUSE AFRAID BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSES ANIMAL THAT THEY CAN'T CONTROL? I ONLY PUT THE SHORT VERSION OF EVENTS ON MY QUESTION TO SAVE TIME AND AS FOR SOMEONE NEEDING TO BE DEBALLED THAT WOULD BE YOU OR YOUR MAN.)

Last edited:

outonbail

Ouch, that hurt.

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE KIDS IF YOU
HOLD AN ANIMAL AT A HIGHER REGARD THAN AN INNOCENT CHILDS
LIFE.
Where exactly does this come from? I don't see anything in my post that would lead you to believe that I am placing a higher value on an animal than a child. In fact, I was concerned with just the opposite. Which is why I asked how close by the gun was and I questioned if the gun was kept where your four year old daughter could get hold of it.

However, you seem to be avoiding the question of how your husband just happened to have this gun immediately available, to take out this viscous, child/flesh eating monster of a dog, just as he began his violent attack which would have ended with his inevitable devouring of your precious daughter?

But of course, if this were even close to the truth, your husband wouldn't have been served with two criminal warrants for his heroic actions now would he?

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION. WHAT IS THE NEED IN HAVING
YOUR OWN LAND IF YOU HAVE TO RUN IN YOUR HOUSE AFRAID BECAUSE
OF SOMEONE ELSES ANIMAL THAT THEY CAN'T CONTROL?
I wouldn't expect anyone to put up with this type of situation and neither would any law enforcement agency, animal control officer or court judges. But I also wouldn't take as gospel, the claims of one self justifying vigilante and neither will the courts. You see there are governmental agencies who's responsibility, is to see to it that situations such as the one you describe, do not occur. They have legal remedies for putting a stop to any threatening condition an animal may present. Of which seizing the animal and putting him down is used as a last resort. They have the privilege of a brain and use it to investigate a situation and draw their conclusions of what has to be done to rectify a situation using a peaceful and non lethal solution whenever possible. They don't just fly into some emotional rage and only see things from their warped perspective in order to justify the privilege of determining on the spot, that someone's pet must be shot. That is how someone who loses control of their emotions and allows their anger to direct their actions behaves and ultimately pays through the a$$ for their inexcusable behavior.

Because the legal system also has a way of dealing with people who think it's acceptable to act as your out of control husband did and I have no doubt that you will be discovering this yourself in the near future.

So don't come crying like your the victim here and that suddenly the whole neighborhood turned against you for your husbands heroic actions in removing the serious threat to life they were all living in fear of every minute of every day. It's time to step back and see things for what they are, not for what you think they should be.

You and your husband should have done what any prudent individual would have in the same situation. Notify the proper authorities of the situation so that the agency trained to deal with these situations can do what your taxes pay them to do. Because as long as you continue to take matters in your own hands whenever you fly into some sort of self serving rage, your more of a threat to the people living in the neighborhood than someone's family pet! Which is exactly why your in the situation your in now, weather you want to believe it or not toots..............

and you must be real proud of your parental skills, especially the recent one where the lesson of the day is how to fly into an uncontrollable rage, burst out the door and fire a bullet into a neighbors pet. She probably has nightmares from witnessing the outrageous solution your husband came up with to solve the problem.

Now lets see how he solves the next set of problems he gave rise to while running in mode stupid......

glensoldlady

outonbail said:
Ouch, that hurt.

Where exactly does this come from? I don't see anything in my post that would lead you to believe that I am placing a higher value on an animal than a child. In fact, I was concerned with just the opposite. Which is why I asked how close by the gun was and I questioned if the gun was kept where your four year old daughter could get hold of it.

However, you seem to be avoiding the question of how your husband just happened to have this gun immediately available, to take out this viscous, child/flesh eating monster of a dog, just as he began his violent attack which would have ended with his inevitable devouring of your precious daughter?

But of course, if this were even close to the truth, your husband wouldn't have been served with two criminal warrants for his heroic actions now would he?

I wouldn't expect anyone to put up with this type of situation and neither would any law enforcement agency, animal control officer or court judges. But I also wouldn't take as gospel, the claims of one self justifying vigilante and neither will the courts. You see there are governmental agencies who's responsibility, is to see to it that situations such as the one you describe, do not occur. They have legal remedies for putting a stop to any threatening condition an animal may present. Of which seizing the animal and putting him down is used as a last resort. They have the privilege of a brain and use it to investigate a situation and draw their conclusions of what has to be done to rectify a situation using a peaceful and non lethal solution whenever possible. They don't just fly into some emotional rage and only see things from their warped perspective in order to justify the privilege of determining on the spot, that someone's pet must be shot. That is how someone who loses control of their emotions and allows their anger to direct their actions behaves and ultimately pays through the a$$ for their inexcusable behavior.

Because the legal system also has a way of dealing with people who think it's acceptable to act as your out of control husband did and I have no doubt that you will be discovering this yourself in the near future.

So don't come crying like your the victim here and that suddenly the whole neighborhood turned against you for your husbands heroic actions in removing the serious threat to life they were all living in fear of every minute of every day. It's time to step back and see things for what they are, not for what you think they should be.

You and your husband should have done what any prudent individual would have in the same situation. Notify the proper authorities of the situation so that the agency trained to deal with these situations can do what your taxes pay them to do. Because as long as you continue to take matters in your own hands whenever you fly into some sort of self serving rage, your more of a threat to the people living in the neighborhood than someone's family pet! Which is exactly why your in the situation your in now, weather you want to believe it or not toots..............

and you must be real proud of your parental skills, especially the recent one where the lesson of the day is how to fly into an uncontrollable rage, burst out the door and fire a bullet into a neighbors pet. She probably has nightmares from witnessing the outrageous solution your husband came up with to solve the problem.

Now lets see how he solves the next set of problems he gave rise to while running in mode stupid......

((THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN MY NEIGHBORS. MY DAUGHTER DOESN'T HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT THIS SITUATION BECAUSE I HAD JUST GONE OUT THE FRONT TO SMOKE WHEN I HEARD SOMETHING IN THE BACK AND RAN AROUND AND GRABBED HER UP AND RAN BACK INTO THE HOUSE WITH HER, SO MY PARENTING SKILLS ARE JUST FREAKIN FINE THANK YOU VERY MUCH. AS FOR HIS GUNS MY KIDS CAN'T REACH ANY OF THEM. THIS WHOLE THING DIDN'T EVEN START WITH A DOG SHOOTING ANYWAY IT STARTED OVER SOME LAND AND THAT IS WHY ALL OF THIS IS GOING ON BECAUSE THEY ARE MAD AT US ABOUT IT. THEY HOPE THAT IF HE GOES TO JAIL THAT ME AND MY KIDS WILL HAVE TO PUT IT UP FOR SALE AND WE WILL BE GONE FOREVER. IF THE WOMEN REALLY CARED ABOUT THE DOG THAT WAS KILLED SHE WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN 2 MORE DOGS VERY VERY SOON AFTER LIKE A WEEK LATER. AND KEPT SOMEONE ELSES THAT CAME UP OUT OF NOWHERE, AND IF THEY WERE THAT AFRAID THEIR NEW DOGS WOULDN'T BE RUNNING AROUND IN MY YARD AFTER THE INCIDENT NOW WOULD THEY. AS A MATTER OF FACT I HAVE HAD TO GIVE HER DOGS WATER BECAUSE THEY KEEP THEM IN A SMALL 5X5 CAGE IN THE SUN WITH A TARP OVER IT, NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL LOVE. THE SAME CAGE THAT THE ROTTWEILER HAD FOR SHADE OR SHELTER OUT OF THE RAIN. NOT TO MENTION THAT MY NEIGHBORS NOW HAVE 2 DOGS NOW THAT BOTH COME IN MY YARD SO OBVIOUSLY THEY AREN'T AFRAID RIGHT.))

usaohol

parenting skills

((THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN MY NEIGHBORS. MY DAUGHTER DOESN'T HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT THIS SITUATION BECAUSE I HAD JUST GONE OUT THE FRONT TO SMOKE WHEN I HEARD SOMETHING IN THE BACK AND RAN AROUND AND GRABBED HER UP AND RAN BACK INTO THE HOUSE WITH HER, SO MY PARENTING SKILLS ARE JUST FREAKIN FINE THANK YOU VERY MUCH. AS FOR HIS GUNS MY KIDS CAN'T REACH ANY OF THEM

So your 4 year was out back alone when you know that a viscious rott runs around your property? Or was your husband out back with her with his gun?
Neither is safe, children can get away from you in a split second and in the line of fire, and if he was not there then she was not being supervised at 4yrs old. Have you seen the news lately, look at the groene kids and the lunsford case, there are nuts everywhere.

outonbail

First of all, would you please try typing without the caps lock on. While I’m sure it exemplifies your typical tone of conversation, no one here wants to be subjected to your petulant idiosyncrasies. So please save the rude tone for neighbors, police who hassle you for no good reason and calling to your four year old every couple of hours, to see if she’s still within ears reach.

THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN MY
NEIGHBORS
Yeah, everyone’s out to get you. I’m actually part of a national conspiracy to take your land,,,, Oh yeah and the trailer too!

I HAD JUST GONE OUT THE FRONT TO SMOKE WHEN I HEARD
SOMETHING IN THE BACK AND RAN AROUND AND GRABBED HER UP AND
RAN BACK INTO THE HOUSE WITH HER,
Oh, this then, would make you the hero! Thank you for clearing that up. Because in your original post you claimed the following:
i heard growling and turned around to see it standing at the corner of my house by my porch looking straight at me growling and showing teeth, it took a couple of steps towards me and of course I was gone right back in my house
One word of advice, stick to whatever the first story was that you told to the police who came to serve the two arrest warrants on your husband. They have this thing about people back tracking to change their story whenever they feel the need to justify another questionable point in this type of nonsense. So, I just wanted to give you a heads up in that respect.
SO MY PARENTING SKILLS ARE JUST FREAKIN FINE THANK YOU
VERY MUCH.
Obviously,,,,, I stand corrected,,,, your welcome very much!

THIS WHOLE THING DIDN'T EVEN START WITH A DOG SHOOTING
ANYWAY IT STARTED OVER SOME LAND AND THAT IS WHY ALL OF THIS IS
GOING ON BECAUSE THEY ARE MAD AT US ABOUT IT. THEY HOPE THAT IF
HE GOES TO JAIL THAT ME AND MY KIDS WILL HAVE TO PUT IT UP FOR
SALE AND WE WILL BE GONE FOREVER.
They should be so lucky. At least now I understand what you meant by me being just like your neighbors.

IF THE WOMEN REALLY CARED ABOUT THE DOG THAT WAS
KILLED SHE WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN 2 MORE DOGS VERY VERY SOON
AFTER LIKE A WEEK LATER.
Sorry, you lost me here. Not sure I follow how the owner of the dog who fell victim to your husbands illegal and borderline insane actions, has displayed her lack of care and love for dogs by getting two new pets? I would think that she was possibly looking to replace the companionship your husband felt it was OK to take away. Maybe she was trying to ease the pain from suffering what most pet owners would consider a considerable loss of something close and dear to her.
But I can understand how you may not want to see it like that. The true and real effect the loss of a pet may have on this woman can’t help your husbands position any. So pulling the wool to blind yourself of any facts that tend to shed a negative light on your case is probably the best way for you to continue believing your in the right. Although it does set you up for a bigger shock when you eventually hear the jury announce the inevitable guilty verdict. (They’re most likely part of the conspiracy as well)

Anyway, this mess sounds like another chapter out of the Hatfields vs. the McCoys. Your set in your belief that what your husband did was right. That’s sad, but about parr for a bona fide nut case.

Tell your husband he better hire the best attorney he can afford and it’s probably best if you keep your mouth shut throughout the whole process, as bumping your gums to voice your one sided opinion, can only hurt the outcome of your husbands case. I know this will be a real challenge for you, but it’s really what would be best at this point.........

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Three cheers for "outonbail" . . .

Hip, hip, hooray!

Hip, hip, hooray!

Hip, hip, HOORAY!

I haven't enjoyed a response more, in recent memory!

Excellent!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">