• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False DV accusation & PPO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IUPG

Location - Michigan
ISSUE AT HAND Accusations of a DV (Domestic Violence)

I was recently falsely accused by my wife (soon to be Ex) for DV. The DV in question happened at a time I was at work (45 minutes away from her home). I have many witnesses who can verify this for me. The following day I decided to make out a PPO (Personal protection order) against her and had someone make an attempt to deliver it to her while I remained at the court house. NOW- I have a PPO against me from My Wife stating that I not only beat her up on Monday but she added that I was at her home beating on the door insisting she let me in the following day (Tuesday) when in reality the only person that arrived at her home was my delivery person of the PPO and that person had taken a witness just incase something like this were to happen. (smart move)

The entire PPO against me is totally false and I have witnesses and documentation as to my whereabouts on both dates and times in question. What should or can I do now?

Any and all Information is greatly needed. You can Email me at [email protected]

S

seniorjudge

Q: What should or can I do now?

A: Get a lawyer and fight it.

IUPG

seniorjudge said:
Q: What should or can I do now?

A: Get a lawyer and fight it.
THANK YOU SENIOR JUDGE :)
The Attorneys that I have spoken with tell me that I should be able to go in with all the witnesses and documentation without having a lawyer. I am not that financially stable at the moment. However I am curious as to IF there is in fact anything I can do about my loss of wages for the following day after this incident was to have happened. From what I have gathered from the police report the photos are of bruises that had jaundice setting in. Now if they were "fresh" bruises jaundice would not have yet set in. What I honestly feel had happened to my Wife is that she had gotten into an altercation prior with someone and needed to place blame on someone. I, in this case happen to be the “lucky one”.

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

Q: However I am curious as to IF there is in fact anything I can do about my loss of wages for the following day after this incident was to have happened.

A: I have no idea what you mean but if you think she is going to pay for a lost day's wages, that will not happen.

CdwJava

When you go in to court for a hearing on the issuance of the order, bring your witnesses or their notarized statements (preferably the warm bodies), and prove that you are not a threat to her. The judge will weigh the statements and decide to issue or drop the order.

You shouldn't need an attorney for it, but it might help.

- Carl

MSJustice

And you might do well to keep well away from her in future. There are many men in prison on false charges which stem from a breakup.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">