• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false imprisonment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sullivan

What is the name of your state? texas
Is it legal for a building inspector to detain you physically in your driveway (he was asked to move his truck several times) and to demand your license when his boss (the code inspector) is coming to issue a citation? I thought only police officers could demand your license, not building or code inspectors. Where can I find the laws governing building/code inspectors?

S

sullivan

The citation was something about failing to meet owner's responsibilities. I had failed to move a gasline around a building. We had to tear down our old building due to termites and had received a new permit to build another on the same exact site. There is some question that the gasline needed to be moved because of a grandfather clause and because the city had been required several years ago to bring my property up to code and they did not reroute it at that time.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sullivan said:
The citation was something about failing to meet owner's responsibilities. I had failed to move a gasline around a building. We had to tear down our old building due to termites and had received a new permit to build another on the same exact site. There is some question that the gasline needed to be moved because of a grandfather clause and because the city had been required several years ago to bring my property up to code and they did not reroute it at that time.

My response:

We have no idea what the hell you're talking about. We know this makes sense to you, but it makes absolutely no sense to us.

"I had failed to move a gasline around a building."

What the heck does that mean in terms of "false imprisonment"? In fact, what does it mean, PERIOD? Did you leave some words out?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">