• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wyomom

Nebraska and Wyoming

I live in Nebraska. My ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend live in Wyoming. This morning at 5am the police from the town where they live called me and said that they called and said I went to their apartment at 3am this morning and beat up the girlfriend. I live about 1hour 15 minutes away. The police wanted to know if I had an alibi. I live with my one year old son so no, I really don't have an alibi---I was home sleeping so I could go to work today. Now I have to go in this afternoon for questioning. What can I do? What can happen to them for filing a false police report? I think he beat her up. He had assulted me and done jail time for assulting the girlfriend before me. Also we've been in a custody battle. What affect could this have on that?

W

wyomom

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. I have to leave in 2hours to go to Wyoming for questioning and I can't get a hold of my attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">