• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenisunshine

i live in california. i was a domestic voilence victim, so i went to the police and filed a report. well the same day, i was coerced by my boyfriend into telling the police it was a lie, and they gave me a citation for a misdemeanor of filing a false report. i dont want to go to jail but i also dont want to turn my boyfriend in. so i was wondering what the usual sentence is for this crime ive been charged with. i know the max is 6 months in jail and $1000 dollars, but i know i dont deserve to go to jail! i also have one prior coviction on my record for theft.

stephenk

" i also dont want to turn my boyfriend in"

Why? He has now convinced you to face a criminal charge. What a winner he must be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">