• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suhelms

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My daughter and I had a restraining order against an ex-friend of hers that was obsessed with her. Her son (then 12 years old) was included mostly because this person would go thru the son to get messages to daughter. They were staying at my home, thus, I filed an order as well. This person had his sister drop off a bicycle for my grandson. I filed a report against him, not knowing it was his sister that made the contact on his behalf. My son was here when the bike was dropped off but he failed to disclose who actually made the drop off. It turns out that this person was in jail at the time alleged and now the police want to charge us with filing a false report. What do we do?What is the name of your state?

BL

If they haven't already filed against you , tell them what transpired , and say it wasn't intentional . Some R/O consist of no contact through third parties , so if the person named on the r/o directed the drop off , it could still be viewed as a violation .

suhelms

Only one problem

It is true that neither of us intended to file a false report. When this guy's sister dropped off the bike, she parked down the street. This is something that the x friend often did, so it was just assumed that he was at the truck. His sister often spewed nasty remarks to us to defend her brother, so to us they're one and the same. The problem is, that my son has a past record, and though he has not been in trouble for over four years, they(the authorities) tend to hold any and everything against him. I'm deathly afraid that if that happens my son will end up doing time for a restraining order violation that I filed. Help please**************

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">