• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False police report filed on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sti25

What is the name of your state? indiana

I was wondering if their is anything I can do about my ex filing a false police report on me. I live in Indiana, and my ex lives in Las Vegas. In the report my ex said " that I was at a pay phone, around the corner from his house, and I was threatening to hurt him." Now the only problem is I was home in Indiana when he told the detective that this happened. I've got witnesses and everything. Now, if I had been in Las Vegas when he reported this, I could have been charged with a low level misdameanor. The detective isn't going to do anything about it because I'm in Indiana. It's so obvious that this isn't true, because my ex didn't even get a restraining order. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

HomeGuru

sti25 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana

I was wondering if their is anything I can do about my ex filing a false police report on me. I live in Indiana, and my ex lives in Las Vegas. In the report my ex said " that I was at a pay phone, around the corner from his house, and I was threatening to hurt him." Now the only problem is I was home in Indiana when he told the detective that this happened. I've got witnesses and everything. Now, if I had been in Las Vegas when he reported this, I could have been charged with a low level misdameanor. The detective isn't going to do anything about it because I'm in Indiana. It's so obvious that this isn't true, because my ex didn't even get a restraining order. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.
**A: and what kind of help would you need? You don't need help, you need a life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">