• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Pretences Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alex26

Hi,

I purchased a PC for $300.00 I paid with a personal check and stopped payment on the check because there were not enough funds in my account...The store called me twice and I set up payment arrangements....They never called again and I just let the situation linger....They had sent a certified letter to my house, but my landlord kept it, they also called the house repeatly, as did the detective that they hired to warn me that if I didn't pay the $300.00 they were taking me to court ect...I again never recieved the messages until it was too late....It may sound like an excuse, but it's the truth.....I have paid off the owner of the store in the amount of $300.00 so the debt is covered...I had my arrainment today...The judge set a hearing and gave me the option to get an attorney or have one appointed by the court...Now the question is, will I still get convicted of a felony even though I have paid in full when it's time for me to stand trial against the commonwealth of va?? Or will they just dismiss it since I paid off the debt??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">