• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused and convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikonkid

What is the name of your state? Texas
My stepson has been falsely accused of child molestation despite I knowing that he did not and is not capable of commiting such a crime. He is 25 y.o. and is trying hard not to subcome to the stress of it all. He has had to register as a sex offendor. does anyone have some advice or knows of some resources he can go to? These are some of the facts of the case: 1. He has passed a lie detector test, 2. there was no physical or medical evidence to prove he commited such a crime against these children, 3. he has mainatned his inoncence.

Last edited:

fairisfair

Why would he have to register, unless he has already been convicted?

and how could you possibly know what he is or is not capable of??

nikonkid

falsly acused

Hi,
Thanks for your response, He had to plea bargin according to his lawyer because he told him that in young county he didnt have a chance with a Judge in that county or that if he went to jury trial that he would for sure be found guilty. This is why his situation is so difficult. As far as knowing what he is capable of,I have known and have lived with him as his stepfather and i know what kind of person he is and i know he is not capable or would commit such a crime. I dont know if you have a son but if you do dont you think you would know what he is capable of ?

ceara19

nikonkid said:
Hi,
Thanks for your response, He had to plea bargin according to his lawyer because he told him that in young county he didnt have a chance with a Judge in that county or that if he went to jury trial that he would for sure be found guilty. This is why his situation is so difficult. As far as knowing what he is capable of,I have known and have lived with him as his stepfather and i know what kind of person he is and i know he is not capable or would commit such a crime. I dont know if you have a son but if you do dont you think you would know what he is capable of ?
He plead GUILTY. That's it. It's over. If he had always maintained his innocence, he wouldn't have admitted he was guilty. If he is not guilty, what did he say during his allocution (that is where he stood up in court, told the judge he was guilty and then described his crime)? Had he told the judge that he was pleading guilty but he really didn't do it, the judge wouldn't have excepted the guilty plea.

If his attorney told him that he would "for sure be found guilty", then there WAS enough evidence that he indeed committed this crime. You said CHILDREN in you original post. If there were multiple children involved, he needs to consider himself lucky that he got off without a very long prison sentence. He is going to HAVE to follow the terms of the plea bargain to the letter or end up in jail. Those are his ONLY options.

As far as knowing what he is capable of, Jeffrey Dahmer's mother didn't think he was capable of being a cannibal. That's how it is when MOST heinous crimes are discovered, no one close ever suspected a thing. The criminal is almost always the sweetest child a parent could ever have, the best neighbor a person could ask for and the hardest working most dedicated employee in the company when you talk to those close to them. Many times loved ones, especially parents, have a hard time seeing past that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">