• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family stressing over this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jkustom

What is the name of your state? Co.
There is a family that was reported to the child protective services for a false drug dealing claim filed by someone who just supplied some information to Crime stoppers anonomusly just wanting them to look into it. The mother now has to do UA's but since being a casual user of Marijuana has since been clean. She is pregnant and due in the next few weeks. Child Protection services has said they may do a blood test on the baby. Can they take this lady's children away. The lady that investigated thought the carge was bogus when she entered their house.

CdwJava

Whether they can take the children away or not will depend on the results of drug testing and investigation. If there is no cause to remove the children, they will not be removed. If mom is using drugs - even marijuana - the children might be removed.

Not knowing what CPS might know, this is impossible to answer.

- Carl

Jkustom

stressing family

The mother has quit using marajuana before all this came about I guess but they say the blood test might still show she used in the past. I guess we will just wait and see. But if her UA's cont. come clean till the baby is born I don't see how they can then turn around and test the baby.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">