• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fare Evasion and Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xcnstarsx

Thank goodness for the internet cause this is quite embarressing...

Last night I got a ticket in New York City for fare evasion and trespassing...

I know what I was did was wrong, childish, immature, and just plain dumb.

My officer gave/filled out the wrong ticket form so it said 'traffic violation.' I couldn't figure out how much money to send it and why it was going to Albany so I called all day and found out I was actually to recieve a summons and I have a court date... Thank goodness I called!

So that is finally straightened out... Now I contacted a lawyer who "promised" I wont have a criminal record but I might have to pay a fee... Now I can pay for him but I talked to the officers who work with the officer who caught me (I wasn't arrested, I talked to the police at the station I got arrested at and they said this was not an arrest)... They said this is like getting a speeding ticket, doesn't go on my record just pay it and you're done... My friend who is a NYC police officer said go to your court date, apologize, pay the amount handed to you but no it will not go on your record. The NYC Court people said I have to go to court and this will be on my record even if I pay...

I am so utterly confused, hearing three different things from 3 people who all should know what they are talking about...

I might just pay to have a lawyer as much as I don't want to waste the money... I would just appreciate any advice possible...

I tried to read the MTA rule book but I am horrible with the legal jargon and really can't make sense of it and cannot find what my fine/punishment/reprecussions/etc are...

Thank you in advance, much appreciated, and have a happy labor day weekend!

Best,
XCNSTARSX

Tallrat

Just pay the ticket, And apologize, It's not a huge deal. Lawyer will only take your money and get you same results.

varun7245

What was the ourcome ?

Hi, can you please update - what was the end result - i mean what happened in the court and how much did you end up paying ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">