• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fast food trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ttorrapaa

I live in Ohio. My son who is 17 was told by a manager at a fast food restaurant that he was not welcome in the store anymore. He was a former employee at the store and had resigned several weeks earlier. The manager would not disclose why she did not want him in the store.

Several days later my son went back to the store to eat. The police were called and he was cited with "criminal trespassing" by the officer. The officer told me that normal procedure they would not have cited him but the store insisted.

We went to juvenile court and pleaded "deny" rather than "admit" because we really didn't know what to do. My son like many 17 yr olds had a chip on his shoulder and didn't think he could be told not to come to a "public restaurant". Consequently he did go back when the manager was not working. Individual rights are pushed on kids in school so much these days I don't think his view would be that unusual.

Should I have viewed this as a minor incident and just plead "admit"? Does a fast food restaurant have the legal right to tell a customer not to come back without disclosing why? Maybe I like to order some weird combinations on my burger and they got tired of me and told me I was no longer welcome?

Help?

R

renter3

Its a private business and your son is no longer welcome....

he was trespassing, so he should plead guilty.

Just think of how many women would be killed if their abusive husbands could just ignore the woman or landlords right to say get out and stay off the property and never have to worry about being arrested!

How do they know your son was not going to go Postal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">