• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrBrady

I Live in Floirda, with my wife and three kids. My wife has been devorced for about 7 years, (the kids father has had visitation for about 4 now) just a couple of weeks ago the "Father" got arrested for the rape of a 12 year old girl
http://www.saintpetersburgtimes.com/2005/05/13/Citrus/Authorities_arrest_ma.shtml
He lives about 3 hours away, and until the arrest we meet he half way for visitation every other weekend. well .... as soon as we heard about the arrest, we stoped visitation (a technically illegal act, however we feel justified under the circumstances). we know he out on bail, but he called us this weekend claiming that the charges have been droped (in the past he has been known to pull things out of his......hat) .....

My question is, is there any way with us not being involeved in his prayed for incarceration, for us to inquire as to the statis of that trial?, if so ... how?

snostar

MrBrady said:
My question is, is there any way with us not being involeved in his prayed for incarceration,
What does this mean? You can request information via the FOIA, or try calling the court clerk. Dad still has rights to visitation, and can file contempt for past denials. A court will not likely terminate visitation unless he is convicted.

BelizeBreeze

MrBrady said:
I Live in Floirda, with my wife and three kids. My wife has been devorced for about 7 years, (the kids father has had visitation for about 4 now) just a couple of weeks ago the "Father" got arrested for the rape of a 12 year old girl
http://www.saintpetersburgtimes.com/2005/05/13/Citrus/Authorities_arrest_ma.shtml
He lives about 3 hours away, and until the arrest we meet he half way for visitation every other weekend. well .... as soon as we heard about the arrest, we stoped visitation (a technically illegal act, however we feel justified under the circumstances). we know he out on bail, but he called us this weekend claiming that the charges have been droped (in the past he has been known to pull things out of his......hat) .....

My question is, is there any way with us not being involeved in his prayed for incarceration, for us to inquire as to the statis of that trial?, if so ... how?
Call the courthouse. and until your wife has the visitation order changed, visitation contines. PERIOD.

snostar

BelizeBreeze said:
Call the courthouse. and until your wife has the visitation order changed, visitation contines. PERIOD.
That advice was already posted, dear. AM I INVISIBLE?

MrBrady

Explination

I feel the need to explain our decision to temporarily discontinue visitation. (please do not take this as an argumentative statement, we greatly appreciate any and all advice given to us by you guys. in fact we used this site when this thing started a few weeks ago; in the custody and visitation section) the Father currently lives in a camper, and according to the kids; prior to to his charges, had stated that some of the local kids stay the night there, which allows for limited sleeping arrangements. our (his) 8 year old daughter apparently sleeps in the same bed as the father. We thought it odd, a little creepy, but not dangerous (this information has been given to the authorities by way of statements, and the kids have been examined by a psychiatrist and it has been determined that they were not molested) however .... he lives in a fully mobile camper, he drives a mid sized truck capable of pulling that camper. he has disappeared for months in the past; claiming to have taken the kids on vacation out of state; and yes, he was "scolded" by the courts at that time.....nothing more. presently, the courts set a $10,000 bail, so the courts do not believe he is a significant flight risk; We, however feel he is.

We fully understand that if it comes to it in the future, that we well be held in contempt of court of withholding the kids, and will take responsibility.

sorry for being long winded, i just felt the need to do that. if any of you wish to chastise us for our decision we most likely deserve it.

snostar

MrBrady said:
I feel the need to explain our decision to temporarily discontinue visitation. (please do not take this as an argumentative statement, we greatly appreciate any and all advice given to us by you guys. in fact we used this site when this thing started a few weeks ago; in the custody and visitation section) the Father currently lives in a camper, and according to the kids; prior to to his charges, had stated that some of the local kids stay the night there, which allows for limited sleeping arrangements. our (his) 8 year old daughter apparently sleeps in the same bed as the father. We thought it odd, a little creepy, but not dangerous (this information has been given to the authorities by way of statements, and the kids have been examined by a psychiatrist and it has been determined that they were not molested) however .... he lives in a fully mobile camper, he drives a mid sized truck capable of pulling that camper. he has disappeared for months in the past; claiming to have taken the kids on vacation out of state; and yes, he was "scolded" by the courts at that time.....nothing more. presently, the courts set a $10,000 bail, so the courts do not believe he is a significant flight risk; We, however feel he is.

We fully understand that if it comes to it in the future, that we well be held in contempt of court of withholding the kids, and will take responsibility.

sorry for being long winded, i just felt the need to do that. if any of you wish to chastise us for our decision we most likely deserve it.
I can't advise you to violate an order, but under the circumstances I would do the same.

Curt581

MrBrady said:
the courts set a $10,000 bail, so the courts do not believe he is a significant flight risk; We, however feel he is.
Here is a possible "out" for you.

Check with the Clerk of Court, and find out what his bail conditions are. I would expect there to be a provision in it that specifies "No Contact" with any children under age X during the pendency of the case. If it's in there, it will supercede the visitation order. If they'll let you, get a copy of the bail bond to back you up. Don't rely solely on a verbal explanation. You may have to file an Open Records request to get it.

Don't apologize. I'd never let my kids near a scumbag like that... order or no order. I'd go to Jail before I'd put my kids in that kind of danger.

Personally, I'd be shopping for an attorney RIGHT NOW.

You Are Guilty

You folks aren't big on subtlety, huh?

BelizeBreeze said:
Call the courthouse. and [highlight]until your wife has the visitation order changed[/highlight], visitation contines. PERIOD.
Using my secret decoder ring, I have translated BB's secret legal information into something visible. (And even if the court orders visitation to continue until conviction, the judge would likely be amendable to requiring supervised visits.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">