• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FBI fingerprint check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdoe4me

What is the name of your state? TX

I'm applying for a job that requires an FBI fingerprint check. About 11 years ago as a juvenile I used a false name when arrested for theft (stealing from a grocery store). I was released to a guardian and completed community service for the charge. I wanted to know if there is any way I can clear the FBI record or will I never be able to take care of this?

PJ Weber

Even if it were sealed, or expunged (both mean taken from the public view) Government LE agencies would still be able to see it

jdoe4me

I understand

I know that it will show on my FBI rap sheet, but is there anyway I can get this cleared with help of a lawyer so in the future I can pass the FBI identity check
(the charge isnt the problem, its the wrong identity)

Last edited:

texas20

question about your case

I just want to clear things up. when you were arrested, did they ever find out your real name? my fried is going through this right now. She needs to be fingerprinted but she when she was a minor she was arrested under a fake name and never cleared it up.

CavemanLawyer

Do you know if you were put on formal (Sanction Level 3) probation or informal (Sanction level 2) probation? If you were put on SL 2 it is possible that there is no record of your arrest at all in your NCIC.

The worst case scenario for you is that your NCIC shows that arrest and shows an alias for this other name you used. Most law enforcement entities are always going to be able to see both of these things on your NCIC and there probably is no way to change this. I don't know of any legal process to remove an alias from your NCIC. But an alias isn't really that important because what law enforcement would use it for is to determine what you did under that name and all they'd see is that arrest, which is probably listed in your NCIC anyway.

If you hire an attorney you can have all documents created as a result of this arrest destroyed and you can have DPS remove the arrest from the general database, so non-law enforcement entities won't see it. That is about all you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">