• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fed Judge issued Bench Warrant but DUI Court Date Next Month

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
A Bench Warrant has been issued for a Supervised Release Violation, however, he has a court date for a DUI next month. If the Feds pick him up before his court date and he stays in Federal custody will they see that he meets the DUI court date obligation and the bail obligation that he has with the bail bondsman.
Thank you,

Miha

I'm not a bondsman, but I did put up the entire $10,000 for my friend. Thank you for inquiries to my question, but I am no longer in need of any advice. He just called from MCC. Good nite.

FlyingRon

If he doesn't show you are at risk of losing the bond. If he is in custody, you should make sure the court he's to appear is apprised of that.
Frankly, if this was something other the DUI which is typically catch and release, as soon as he go into custody I'd see about cancelling his bond. You get your money back and he stays there.

Did you put up the bond amount to the court or is this money you fronted to a bailbondsman.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">