• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Facility, taping conversation, Wa. state, another party in room.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AEMIKEA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I was being counseled by my supervisor on an Air Force Base (we are civilian contractors) I recorded the conversation, there was a witness in the room to sign the form as "witness" because the other person was in the room does that negate the right to privacy (private conversation), I saw somewhere a case that was similar and it was found that it was not a private conversation. Can I use the recording? Federal facility and the there was another person in the room.

Thanks
Mike

AEMIKEA

I reported my company for defrauding the US government (over billing and improper maintenance) I tried to work within the company first, then I went to the Air Force. In the counseling situation I was involved in, he admitted to performing bad maintenance and that if I had not said anything, no one would have known about it, at the end of the conversation he stated "I will remember this, I will remember this", I was fired the day after I reported the fraud to the Government. This is what I meant by "can I use it", the person in the room (other party)was not participating in the conversation, he was only there to be a witness for the paperwork (his name is on the paperwork as a witness), what are your thoughts?

M

outonbail

I'm still unclear on how exactly you plan on using it?

Are you asking if you can play the taped conversation to the government officials you reported your employer's shortcomings to in order to support your contentions?

Or are you asking if you can use it to get your job back, or to sue your now ex-employer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">