• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Law...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubba II

What is the name of your state? TN.
Appearantly, I have stepped on some toes in another forum, so I'll try not to do that here. Can someone tell me please what the law and or punishment is regarding lying to a federal investigator. :confused:

HappyHusband

What is the name of your state? TN.
Appearantly, I have stepped on some toes in another forum, so I'll try not to do that here. Can someone tell me please what the law and or punishment is regarding lying to a federal investigator. :confused:

US Code Title 18
§ 1510. Obstruction of criminal investigations

Punishments range up to five years imprisonment, depending on what you are obstructing.

More generally,
CHAPTER 73—OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

bubba II

sorry...

...to disturb you again but I have another quest. and since this case involves a fed. mediator, I figured that I would ask it here! I have a meeting coming up soon between myself, a fed. mediator and the accused. I am allowed to have a lawyer present but am told that I don't really need one for this. I am also allowed to ask questions but don't know what to ask. Can you give me some advice on what to ask?:confused:

HappyHusband

...to disturb you again but I have another quest. and since this case involves a fed. mediator, I figured that I would ask it here! I have a meeting coming up soon between myself, a fed. mediator and the accused. I am allowed to have a lawyer present but am told that I don't really need one for this. I am also allowed to ask questions but don't know what to ask. Can you give me some advice on what to ask?:confused:
The first thing I would ask at the meeting is "What is all this about?"

bubba II

...thanks HH. However, thats probably what they will ask me. I am the one who filed the charges against them with EEOC pertainiong to sex. harassment, sex. discrimination and wrongful termination.

enjay

My agency usually uses 18 USC 1001.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any
matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or
judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and
willfully--
(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or
device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent
statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same
to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement
or entry;

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or
both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">