• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

federal prison, bonded state charge halfway house. need answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J.gonzo

Alabama united states

my brother in law is in federal prison ,when hes released he'll have bonded state charges and wants to know if he could go to a halfway house to finish out his time. any light shed on this is much appreciated because i couldn't find a straight answer anywhere .

Just Blue

Alabama united states

my brother in law is in federal prison ,when hes released he'll have bonded state charges and wants to know if he could go to a halfway house to finish out his time. any light shed on this is much appreciated because i couldn't find a straight answer anywhere .
This is really something he (BIL) should discuss with either his Attorney or PO.

J.gonzo

his attorney hasn't done anything for him so far ,he wont talk to his mother or his sister and barely talks to him and rarely goes to see him in prison to take care of legal proceedings. so any (General Info) would be great

J.gonzo

so after he gets out of federal prison he'll have bonded state charges, would he be eligible for a halfway house? thats all im asking i don't understand what the complication is:confused:

Silverplum

so after he gets out of federal prison he'll have bonded state charges, would he be eligible for a halfway house? thats all im asking i don't understand what the complication is:confused:
It's a question for a local attorney, one who knows how the Court is likely to rule. It also depends on his behavior, his charge/s, and whether there is a proper halfway house that will accept him. Those are variables and questions we can't answer.

Also, FYI. his attorney will not speak about his case with his family or friends, only to the client. That's how it works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">