• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtaylor

My husband is scheduled to be sentenced in January by the federal courts. He is being charged with and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to deliver meth. He is a good husband and wonderful father of 3 young children. My lawyer does not seem to care what happens to my husband or our family. Are we able to bring witnesses and such to his sentencing that will prove that he is not a criminal and that he is a good person who made a horrible mistake?Also, should I get a new lawyer for the sentencing date?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You could get a new attorney. Yes, you can bring witnesses and stuff to attest to his good character. If your attorney, who is supposed to be a zealous advocate, is not doing his/her job, it is time for a change.

Just make sure you do it in enough time for the person to make a good plea for your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">