• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling Better

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OneFriend78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. In my last post, I mentioned I was feeling suicidal because an ex-boyfriend accused me of stalking him, twice. Last night I called his home and left a message on his answering machine saying, "This is an emergency." I then said I was suicidal with a plan. I asked him to call 9-1-1 for me to send an ambulance to my house to take me to a mental hospital, even after a detective from his state told me on the phone in a voicemail that he would get a warrant for my arrest if I ever contacted him or the chief of the county police again. I then called 9-1-1 and told the operator the situation. I went into an emergency room last night, and as far as I know, I am not in any legal trouble. The emergency room discharged me this morning after deciding I was not a threat to myself or others. I never threatened the accuser. To me, the conundrum is about stalking. They say a stalker is so desperate to talk to the supposed victim that he or she would do anything, criminal or not, just to speak to him or her. But what I am trying to tell you about is that I did not stalk the accuser. None of my behavior met any of the criteria for federal stalking laws. I am not a danger to anyone. I have no weapons. We are in different states. What I believe is his motive, as of right now, is a reputation. He has been arrested before on drug charges. I have no criminal record. But I am still fearful that the police will get a warrant for my arrest. All I want to know is what to say if they ever come around to arrest me. I think I would assure them I am not a danger, which would have to be true, that I have no intention of contacting them, ever again, which I do not, and that I am completely innocent and was falsely accused of a crime. More likely, I would not speak to the police and wait for a lawyer to come. But not that this is ever going to happen. I am severely heartbroken right now, and I just want the matter to be resolved.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. In my last post, I mentioned I was feeling suicidal because an ex-boyfriend accused me of stalking him, twice. Last night I called his home and left a message on his answering machine saying, "This is an emergency." I then said I was suicidal with a plan. I asked him to call 9-1-1 for me to send an ambulance to my house to take me to a mental hospital, even after a detective from his state told me on the phone in a voicemail that he would get a warrant for my arrest if I ever contacted him or the chief of the county police again. I then called 9-1-1 and told the operator the situation. I went into an emergency room last night, and as far as I know, I am not in any legal trouble. The emergency room discharged me this morning after deciding I was not a threat to myself or others. I never threatened the accuser. To me, the conundrum is about stalking. They say a stalker is so desperate to talk to the supposed victim that he or she would do anything, criminal or not, just to speak to him or her. But what I am trying to tell you about is that I did not stalk the accuser. None of my behavior met any of the criteria for federal stalking laws. I am not a danger to anyone. I have no weapons. We are in different states. What I believe is his motive, as of right now, is a reputation. He has been arrested before on drug charges. I have no criminal record. But I am still fearful that the police will get a warrant for my arrest. All I want to know is what to say if they ever come around to arrest me. I think I would assure them I am not a danger, which would have to be true, that I have no intention of contacting them, ever again, which I do not, and that I am completely innocent and was falsely accused of a crime. More likely, I would not speak to the police and wait for a lawyer to come. But not that this is ever going to happen. I am severely heartbroken right now, and I just want the matter to be resolved.
Why would you contact him again under any circumstances and expect nothing to happen because of it? I assume he has a restraining order on you ( I haven't bothered to check your posting history yet) so you would be breaking the order by contacting him. You are playing games here and it's stupid. If you aren't supposed to be contacting him, DON'T contact him. I doubt very much he wants to hear from you regardless of your reason. And your reason was pure drama but it didn't work, did it?

Eekamouse

You AREN'T feeling better. You are still fixated on someone who wants nothing to do with you. Seek help.

eerelations

The matter would have resolved itself had you not contacted your former BF. You are the one who's keeping this going, and if what you're doing results in your arrest, then you have only yourself to blame.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">