• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Arrowhead Digging - Conspiracy, etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shai_rina

What is the name of your state?California

A warrant was issued for my arrest from a "crime" that incurred 2 years ago.

They are charging me with 2 felonies.

(1) Conspiracy to Commit a Crime

(2) Receiving Stolen Property

These charges are from "Arrowhead Digging". At first you may laugh, but this is serious and I think I'm facing 8 years.

In addition, I am being charged with 3 other suspects.

There's a lot more to this story. Discovery is 257 pages. I believe they are trying to open the gate for another Buglary charge and also an arson charge.

Please let me know if there is any other information I should disclose for advise.

Also, due to location of courthouse and where I currently live - I missed my pre-preliminary hearing this morning - do you think they will put out an arrest warrant?

HomeGuru

shai_rina said:
What is the name of your state?California

A warrant was issued for my arrest from a "crime" that incurred 2 years ago.

They are charging me with 2 felonies.

(1) Conspiracy to Commit a Crime

(2) Receiving Stolen Property

These charges are from "Arrowhead Digging". At first you may laugh, but this is serious and I think I'm facing 8 years.

In addition, I am being charged with 3 other suspects.

There's a lot more to this story. Discovery is 257 pages. I believe they are trying to open the gate for another Buglary charge and also an arson charge.

Please let me know if there is any other information I should disclose for advise.

Also, due to location of courthouse and where I currently live - I missed my pre-preliminary hearing this morning - do you think they will put out an arrest warrant?
**A: yes.......... and when they find you you may even face the ultimate penalty of death by poison arrow.

S

seniorjudge

'... I missed my pre-preliminary hearing this morning - do you think they will put out an arrest warrant?...

Yes

shai_rina

Thanks

CA

Thanks for the answer, I figured as much. Thanks for the humor and character as well.

Listen, they tried at a hard blow to my character in this case. This made the front page of the regional paper.

I'm not what they are making me out to be. I'm being charged because I was my ex-boyfriend's girlfriend.

By the way, my attorney was there, won't that count for anything. :rolleyes:

S

seniorjudge

"...Listen, they tried at a hard blow to my character in this case...."

Details?

shai_rina

Details on case

CA

Alright. Here's an update . . . I spoke with my court appted. attorney. He said the court was more than understanding about the road conditions over the summit. I must appear at court in two days though.

There was an article on the front page of the Mt. Democrat. It circulates throughout El Dorado Co.

My picture was on it and everything. The article implemented me in trying to cause a forest fire, tampering with unmoved historic earth, conspiring to dig for arrowheads. It says their are huge holes and implies that I was selling american history.

This whole thing is blown way out of proportion. I'm frustrated, irritated and very uneasy about the whole thing.

I have recently gone through a couple tramatic experiences that has swiped my faith completely in the legal system. Additionally, I have a deep sickness in the pit of my stomach knowing their power to do what they want with your life. Then to have them dismiss charges. What about the time served already?

shai_rina

The Offer Today

My attorney was offered this by the DA. (Only me, not the other 3)

$540 fine or

40 hrs community service.

My questions . . .

Doesn't this leave the possibility of civil cases against me by the property owners where the arrowheads and such were discovered? I mean - I'll be admitting to receiving stolen property (no conspiracy). Dirt and arrowheads could be considered "real estate".

It is possible they will ask for probation including search and seizure. This could have a negative effect on my job and current housing (I care for an elderly woman in her home).

S

seniorjudge

Nov. 17, 2004 - 4 suspected of looting Native American sites

Four suspects face felony charges for allegedly looting Native American artifacts in Georgetown and Volcanoville - an effort officials say was discovered after suspects set a wildland fire to clear brush. The four face charges of conspiracy etc.

Do you want to tell us the rest of the story?

shai_rina

An account of events

Two years ago I was living in Georgetown. At that time I was working two jobs and looking into the Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department. I was establishing my spot in the community. I had lived there 10 yrs.

I had been dating Peter, one of the suspects, for about 3 years. He lived at my house, didn't pay rent. Our relationship had gone downhill. He was extremely abusive. I tried to kick him out without pressing charges but El Dorado County Sheriff's Dept. said I had to give him 30 days notice (another long story). Anyway, I was the perfect abused woman and paid his rent, overlooked the affairs and drugs, and (in the end - about a year ago) was almost beat to death twice by this man. I never called the police. I was taken away from my home there literally in the middle of the night. My house was packed and since I have been through numerous other bad experiences and homeless in Tahoe for most of it.

The only way I could get my boyfriend to spend time with me (outside of working two jobs) was to do what he did. Go where he went.

We would go woodcutting, fishing or digging (although I didn't enjoy it).

Anyway - someone started a mutiple start fire at this arrowhead spot which brought attention to the recently dug earth. It was not me, nor my ex. My ex and our neighbor were seen down there after the fire. That makes them suspect and brought a Federal Investigater, a EDC Sheriff's Deputy and a Forestry official to my house. My ex gave them permission to search. They took some alleged "archeological" rocks and "arrowheads". They took those items, took pictures of dirt piles for my garden, took my shovels and anything else that could be used for sifting or excavating. Nothing ever came of it. I heard nothing. Then all of the sudden I have this warrant, I spent 16 hrs in jail already, and I have to face demons that I had hoped to have long forgot.

The DA has tried to make deals with me. They want information they think I may have on another buglary a couple years ago they think my ex did. As far as I know he never did. They say my truck was used and implied I could get myself out of any future charges regarding these facts.

I feel very pushed, bullied and extremely scared and confused. I never want to spend another night in jail and I'm desperate to not do so. I also know what could happen to me if I testified. One year ago I had multiple concussions and a broken nose just for getting on with my life. Please help if possible.

S

seniorjudge

"...The DA has tried to make deals with me...."

Advice:

Spill your guts to the prosecutor.

Stay away from the jerk.

shai_rina said:
I feel very pushed, bullied and extremely scared and confused. I never want to spend another night in jail and I'm desperate to not do so. I also know what could happen to me if I testified. One year ago I had multiple concussions and a broken nose just for getting on with my life. Please help if possible.
These feelings above, are directly related to your observations, below.

shai_rina said:
The DA has tried to make deals with me. They want information they think I may have on another buglary a couple years ago they think my ex did. As far as I know he never did. They say my truck was used and implied I could get myself out of any future charges regarding these facts.

Co-operate to the fullest extent of your knowledge for a better plea deal. It would appear that the DA and others are after "bigger fish".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">