• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cb372

Minnesota. Hi, I am 18 years old and have recently gotten into some trouble. Me and a friend had this stupid idea of cashing a two thousand dollar check at a bank that i worked at and i cashed it for him. Yet to know that he was wired and working for the cops. When i got arrested that day the cops found my fake ID that i used to pawn off a gun i stole from a car. They also found a GPS i stole from a car and also two check books that me and a friend used to write checks out. So i went to jail for two nights and they let me go on my own recognicense. Im facing charges of ID fraud, Stolen property, Check fraud and possesion of a stolen firearm. Really I am not a bad person, i just made a mistake. I needed the money and i feel bad for what i have done. I have already paid back the bank the two thousand dollars and i paid back the pawn shop the hundred dollars for the gun. My charges are still going through and have not yet had a court date set. I have a lawyer but and just trying to get a second oppinion on what could happen or what i could do. It looks like i could possibly have the option of going into the military.

Some Random Guy

Really I am not a bad person, i just made a mistake.
One mistake?

1. Check Fraud
2. False identification
3. More check fraud
4. Breaking into automobiles
5. Theft of firearms
6. Theft (GPS and everything else they could nab you for)

Most of these crimes require premeditation, not aspur of the moment lapse of judgement. Get a lawyer.

j991

The military rarely takes anyone from the forced conscription via court action program that was popluar years ago. Your second problem is the felony charges, no service wants anyone with felony charges hanging over their heads. Third, all of the charges that you are facing are all character and honesty "mistakes". How can someone in a fox hole trust that you cleaned your weapon, or trust that you'll stay awake on a long cold night? Can the Captain trust you to inventory an arsenal and account for every round?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">