• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Charges Never Filed-FBI Check says differently

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CBell

I work in the securities industry and we run background checks on all our employees. Several years ago, a friend (and co-worker)of mine went to jail because someone physically assaulted her, and she in turn threw a glass back. This comes up as Assault with a deadly weapon on her FBI background check.The case never was never filed yet it still comes up on this FBI check. I would like to help her get this removed if possible, because as it stands she will not be able to take her Series 7 to become a broker. What can she do?

H

hannah jo

Waht shows up on an FBI report (rap sheet) are arrests - not convictions. If the arrest occurred, it will always appear there. Years ago, some, but not all, police departments updated the rap sheets with info re: what happened to the arrest. Today most do this. If theresults is not on the report, the agency seekign the info as to what happened can find it out by checking the court records where the arrest occurred. Unfortunately, the arrest stays on the report no matter what.

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">