• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony embezzlement-Police Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lmhoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan

I was recently charge with felony embezzlement. I went to court today for arraignment and was told what I would be facing. My lawyer told me that they would be sending me the police report shortly. I received the police report today and am totally atonished at what my co-workers said about me the day money went missing from my work. They made everything and anything I did that day look and sound suspicious. Things that I would have done on a daily basis. No actual physical proof I took it. What I am wondering is, how good will all this stand up in court? I have explainations for all my actions that day because they are things like I said I did on a daily basis. I have an appointment with my lawyer on monday to go over the police report and I have court again tues.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan

I was recently charge with felony embezzlement. I went to court today for arraignment and was told what I would be facing. My lawyer told me that they would be sending me the police report shortly. I received the police report today and am totally atonished at what my co-workers said about me the day money went missing from my work. They made everything and anything I did that day look and sound suspicious. Things that I would have done on a daily basis. No actual physical proof I took it. What I am wondering is, how good will all this stand up in court? I have explainations for all my actions that day because they are things like I said I did on a daily basis. I have an appointment with my lawyer on monday to go over the police report and I have court again tues.

Your co-workers may be called as witnesses. I suggest you and your attorney have a serious heart-to-heart on Monday.

CdwJava

The police report is not evidence. Testimony of the individuals called as witnesses WILL be evidence.

When people are told that a crime was committed (or led to believe one has been committed) they will often suddenly view routine actions that they may have observed every day as suspicious. A reasonably competent defense attorney can probably turn most of these witnesses around and get them to admit that your actions were routine or necessary for your job function (assuming they were ...).

Ultimately the state must show beyond a reasonable doubt that you stole the funds. If they cannot do this, then all the inference in the world is not going to prevail against you ... or SHOULD not prevail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">