• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony First Offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

journey77

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have recently been arrested for felony financial transaction card theft and fraud. I do not have a previous criminal record. The detective said that it was possible for me to settle with the cc company. Is this true?

She also said that I could plead to something that was reserved for first offenders only, similar to a prayer for judgement, but that wasn't what it was called. Does anyone know what she might have been talking about?

She said I have been very cooperative and that it is likely that I wouldn't have to go to jail but she said that before and I ended up spending two nights there until my bond was reduced to where my family could pay it. They posted an unusally high bond for someone without a record and everything the detective said has ended up being very misleading.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

journey77 said:

"They posted an unusally high bond for someone without a record and everything the detective said has ended up being very misleading."

=================================

My response:

I love this . . .

A criminal complaining about the "system"!

Just what did you expect? A pat on the ass and a Valentine's Card?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

Of course, if you're like many of the criminals that come to these boards, then you have a COMPLETE, non-punishable defense to the criminal charges if you were at the time of the offense:

1. Bipolar.

2. Had synapse problems.

3. Were geriatric with amnesia.

4. Dyspeptic.

5. Incontinent.

6. Given to fits of grabbing things that don't belong to you.

8. Homosexual.

9. Practicing for a part in your school play.

10. Pre-menstrual.

11. Post-menstrual.

12. Menstrual.

13. Liquored up.

14. You live in a trailer.

15. Post-partum syndrome.

16. Third grade education.

17. Getting divorced, suffered a death in the family, had Cheerios for breakfast, and sleep with more men than you've got fingers, all at the same time.

18. Or any other number of maladies that everyone in the country has that gives them an excuse and defense to be a criminal.

If you don't fall within any of these categories, you're screwed.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">