• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony-illegal possession of an assault weapon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cevans03

What is the name of your state? CA

Does anyone know the penalty for illegal possession of assault weapons? I think its a 3rd degree felony, but I'm not sure. Is it jail time? Probation? Fine? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

CdwJava

cevans03 said:
Does anyone know the penalty for illegal possession of assault weapons? I think its a 3rd degree felony, but I'm not sure. Is it jail time? Probation? Fine? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
There are a number of variables. As Stephenk asked, what section are you charged with? It could be as little as county jail and a small fine to prison.

- Carl

cevans03

I was not charged with anything.... its my ex husband and I don't know what penal code it was. I spoke with the DA and she told me the charge was "Illegal possession of assault weapons". We have a daughter together and I need to know if he is going to do jail time or not.

Thank you for your help.

CdwJava

No one can possibly know whether he will serve time or not. It depends on the prosecutor, the court, his criminal history, etc. It is very likely he will serve SOME time, but not a certainty.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">