• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony on Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

newguy101

What is the name of your state? WA

A friend committed a crime in dec of 2001 and got caught 2 weeks after he committed the crime. he stole merchandize from a store, but he returned everything. nothing happened till 0ct of 2002 and was asked to go to court and all. he was then charged with a theft I. since this is a felony and this kid has NO previous criminal records and has done nothign wrong in his life.

is it worth it to get a lawyer to work on getting his felony off his record because this will keep him from getting a good job. he is currently 20 yrs old and has excellent school and good community relationships.

please advice.

thanks

HomeGuru

newguy101 said:
What is the name of your state? WA

A friend committed a crime in dec of 2001 and got caught 2 weeks after he committed the crime. he stole merchandize from a store, but he returned everything. nothing happened till 0ct of 2002 and was asked to go to court and all. he was then charged with a theft I. since this is a felony and this kid has NO previous criminal records and has done nothign wrong in his life.

is it worth it to get a lawyer to work on getting his felony off his record because this will keep him from getting a good job. he is currently 20 yrs old and has excellent school and good community relationships.

please advice.

thanks
**A: and why is it that your friend is not writing but you are?

D

dweezer

What was the value of the property that was stolen and later returned?

Theft of property up to $250 is a gross misdemeanor - punishable by confinement in a city or county jail.

calatty

If he was convicted of the theft, then there is no basis for getting the conviction off his record a few months later.

N

newguy101

The theft was "THEFT I" and the reason he wants it off his record is because he wants to get a decent job and be able to leave country without too much hassle. so how long does he need to wait .to get this EXPUNGED off his record meaning "normal": people can not find it but FBI and CIA can still see it. i believe this is POSSIBLE in WA and was wonderding how long he needs to wait..his family has enough money to hire a good attorney.

please advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">