• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerri frisbey

My husband borrowed a friends car and was pulled over and the police searched the car and found drugs which were not his, what is the possible sentence if conficted he has no prior felony charges it would be his first offense?

T

Tracey

I doubt the state can even get a conviction, unless hubby has a history of drug use they can get admitted somehow, or knew his friend delivered drugs in the car. Talk to a lawyer & see if s/he thinks a hair analysis test showing no drug use for months would help.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

[This message has been edited by Tracey (edited October 20, 2000).]

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jerri frisbey:
My husband borrowed a friends car and was pulled over and the police searched the car and found drugs which were not his, what is the possible sentence if conficted he has no prior felony charges it would be his first offense?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did they search the car in the first place ? Did he give his consent ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">