• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwayne2

What is the name of your state? kansas
i have four minor children ages 11,13,15,16
they took their dad's girlfriends atm card and took $1800.00 out of her account she has pressed charges against my 13&15 year old and is telling them that she will only accept retitution from me.
i have told my ex-husband who has residential custody (we share joint custody) that i would pay half and that he needs to pay half.
however the girlfriend is telling my husband and my children that she wants me to pay it all back and that she will not accept anything from my ex-husband.
can i be held responsible for the whole amount?

Last edited:

B

Boxcarbill

jwayne2 said:
What is the name of your state? kansas
i have four minor children ages 11,13,15,16
they took their dad's girlfriends atm card and took $1800.00 out of her account she has pressed charges against my 13&15 year old and is telling them that she will only accept retitution from me.
i have told my ex-husband who has residential custody (we share joint custody) that i would pay half and that he needs to pay half.
however the girlfriend is telling my husband and my children that she wants me to pay it all back and that she will not accept anything from my ex-husband.
can i be held responsible for the whole amount?
Your ex husband's girlfriend does not get to chose who pays the restitution for minor children. Is she really prepared to prosecute her boyfriend's children in juvenile court? She needs to know that she doesn't get to threaten prosecution of her boyfriend's children in order to torture you unless she intends to follow through. (Let, me guess the children took her ATM card while she was at her boyfriend's (the father's house.) )

Last edited:
J

jwayne2

to boxcarbill,
my children live with her and my exhusband.
not only that she has given them her atm card to go to the store for her which means she also gave them her pin number

B

Boxcarbill

jwayne2 said:
to boxcarbill,
my children live with her and my exhusband.
not only that she has given them her atm card to go to the store for her which means she also gave them her pin number
Well this little story just keeps getting better! So somehow the juvenile prosecutor is going to prove in a court of law that the money was withdrawn from her atm account by these two boys and furthermore that the money was withdrawn without her knowledge or consent. Hell, I'll pay for a ringside seat to watch the D.A. try to prove this!

Sidebar: Does your ex husband and his girlfriend believe that you fell off of a turnip truck yesterday?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">